Endeavour |15| (girlxgirl)

XV .

After what seemed like a relaxing week away, reality set back into motion when we arrived back into the tiny town just outside my house. I got out the car to be greeted by a smiling Kal, her opens open wide pulling me into a tight hug as Jason and Macie got our bags out the back of the car.

We said our thanks and goodbyes before walking into the house, the space seeming cosy compared to the lodge. Macie took the bags to take up stairs leaving Kal and I alone, she took my hand pulling me into the kitchen where some gifts sat and three cards making me feel slightly confused. I forced a smile upon my face when she told me to open the gifts from her, my mind thinking who the other two cards are from.

Took me the whole of five-minutes to open the gifts from her as I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek as I thanked her for my things, I picked up one of the card which had her hand writing on it as I opened and read it. A smile pulling up on my face, I picked up another one to read seeing it was signed from Ben. Like the other two I opened the last one, my stomach turning at who it was it from as my face started to feel clammy. Without a second thought I ripped the card up and threw it onto the kitchen counter, Kal's facial expression showing she was confused and worried as she took the ripped pieces of card and read it.

"I'm so sorry, I never knew. If I did I wouldn't of given it you." She said looking at me.

"It's okay, wasn't your fault." I shrugged with a small smile, "but seriously thank you for my gifts, you didn't have to. And thank Ben for me too."

"You're my sister, of course I'm going to get you things for your birthday."

"But you take care of me and feed me, that's more than enough."

"What happened to the card?" Macie asked, pointing to the torn up card on the counter.

"It was off my mum." I said in a monotone, making her regret saying anything when she apologised.

"How 'bout you go unpack your bags, throw down your dirty washing and I'll order in a Chinese." She smiled kissing my forehead, walking over to Macie to give her a welcoming hug.

I walked past her, taking her hand in mine as I made my way down the hall way towards the stairs, her left hand still in mine while her other hand rested on my hip as we walked up the staircase to my bedroom. I pushed the door open, dropping her hand as I walked over to the bags unzipping them both. I picked up them both up dumping the items onto my bedroom floor as I placed the bags onto my bed, my hands resting on my hips as I looked at the pile before me. I watched Macie sort through her clothes, starting a new pile of her dirty washing before she started on mine making me smile.

I lay down on the bed as she carried the dirty clothes down stairs, my phone vibrating from the side of me indicating I have a text message. I let out a sigh as I read the message from Janey about where to meet her at school tomorrow, my brain not even wanting to comprehend school. I quickly text her back dropping my phone onto my stomach, Macie appearing through the doorway as she closed it behind her joining me on my bed.

"I think I'm ready." I whispered into the silence, after neither one of us talked making her look over at me.

"Ready for what?"

"To go back to the house." I answered, her hand taking mine as she gave it a light squeeze.

"You don't have to. But if that's what you want to do, I'm going to be behind you all the way. I promise." She whispered moving up the bed to be the same height as me, her lips pressing against my forehead lightly as she pulled me close to her, my head resting on her chest as I wrapped my arm around her waist, whilst my leg moved between hers.