Chapter 11

I carefully opened my eyes. I looked around me. There were three other creatures there now. I looked ahead of me. The manor. I smiled at the banners hanging from the flag poles. Then I looked down again and saw that the creatures had all left. I sat up and yawned. When the carriage stopped I heard Helix get out and run up to Trainer.

"Yuki jumped out of the carriage a ways back there! That's why I was yelling at you to stop! We have to find him!" I heard him shout. I poke my head over the side and smile when Rhys, who was just climbing out noticed me. I held a finger to my lips. He was obviously shocked but nodded his head. I carefully went and sat on the corner toward the front of the carriage.

"Why do you need to look for me? Also, why would I go anywhere? My family is here. There's nowhere else I would want to be," I remarked. Helix jumped. Trainer grinned.

I slipped off of the roof and brushed myself off. I knew they hadn't heard me singing because then they would have known where I was. I looked at Helix and gave a soft smile. I walked toward the door and as I was passing Helix I whispered, "I'm sorry about the other day. I lost control for a moment."

I could feel the intake of breath and I left Helix standing there to contemplate what I had said. I slipped through the halls and managed to find my way to my rooms. I could smell Helix on them so I knew they also belonged to him. I moaned and slid into the bed.

For the first time in a very long time I could sleep normally. I could sleep for as long as I wanted without fear of getting injured. I heard the door open. I moaned as I tried to turn my head. Why did it hurt so bad? Why was I feeling things like this pain when I should have felt it a long time ago? The concussion I got two years ago when the mistress decided to wack me across the head with a frying pan, the broken leg I got a year ago when the master threw a fit and snapped it.

I felt a hand touch my head. I cringed at how cold the hand felt against my skin. When it was removed I wished it would have stayed. I was way too hot. I moaned. My whole body was in so much pain. I wanted it to end. When would this torment end?

The thing that scared me, it likely wasn't. This was my fate. And I was willing to accept it. The fate of the Neko was always changing, I just hoped that this time, fate would keep me from fading into oblivion like the others had. I didn't want to be less than a soul. I wanted to be myself, even if that cost more than it should.