Elwin el-wins the best doctor award

"Okay, what is going on?"  Elwin asked, tapping his foot.

Earlier, Dex hailed him, saying that he'd been seriously injured in Atlantis by the terrorizing warlocks.  Clearly, Dex had lied so that he and Fitz could explain what really happened in person, and why Elwin should definitely not call Fitz's parents until the bruising was at least cleared.

"I was told, by you," he said, looking at Dex, "that it was you who was severely hurt, and that you needed treatment immediately."

"Elwin, please let us explain." Kesler said calmly.  He'd been the one to take in Fitz and had came up with the idea that they should pretend it was Dex that was hurt to make sure they could explain the situation to the man, who was now standing in Dex's room, in person.

"Explain while I work on Fitz." Elwin said, getting out many vials and what looked like a mixture of a regular bandage and a snake.

"Why don't I tell him what's happening?" Fitz asked.

"That sounds like a good idea," Juline commented.

It took Fitz about five minutes, plus a lecture from Elwin and Kesler about why walking around without his bodyguard was not smart, but he managed to tell the whole story.  He sat on the bed, the room silent as Elwin wrapped his torso with the odd bandage.

"I'm making you a panic whistle, bracelet, necklace, and anklet if this happens again," Dex warned.  "And you will be wearing them."

"What makes you think this will happen again?" Fitz wheezed.  The snake bandage combo was getting tighter and tighter.  "And what did you do to me?"

"It's almost done."  Elwin told him.  Then it loosened and fell off, revealing a bruised-free middle.  "Now drink this."  Elwin put one of the vials to Fitz's lips, forcing him to down the gooey liquid.  "That should set everything back to normal.  Now what time are you going to tell your family?"

"I think I'll tell Biana first, then go from there."  Fitz yawned.  "What time is it though?"

"About three-thirty." Dex guessed.

"And now, you should all do a little maneuver in the medical field that we like to call 'sleep.'"

"Maneuver's are for cheaters." Dex announced.  It would have made more sense if it hadn't been followed by a long yawn.

"Thank you Elwin." Kesler said.

"Yes, thank you."  Came Juline right after.

"Of course, though I'm not sure if I like the fact that the Vackers don't know about this."

Kesler sighed.  "Yet." 

"Yes, yet.  I am warning you though, if Fitz doesn't tell them within a week or so, I just might."

Juline smiled.  "We'll let you know how it all plays out."

"Assuming I'm not needed afterwords."  Elwin joked, before saying his goodbyes and light leaping away.

Juline went to bed as Kesler walked back into Dex's room to tell the boys that there were no available sleeping bags or guest bedrooms.  It seemed as though the triplets knew Fitz was coming over and thought it would be a great idea to wreck the place.  And sadly, all of the gnomes were working outside with the trees, which had been hit with a wind storm.

"We could share?" Fitz suggested to Dex after Kesler left.

"Sounds fine by me."  Was Dex's response, even though his heart started doing fluttery things.  Not to mention, his bed wasn't what most in the elvin world would call big.  He was very skinny, and he didn't move around much in his sleep, so the bed didn't take up too much room.  Besides, he liked having the extra space to know he could work on big projects if he needed to.

Nonetheless, he and Fitz climbed in after Fitz rummaged through Dex's dresser to find the biggest pair of clothes he had.  Then they both fell asleep once their heads hit their pillows, and they didn't wake up until noon the next morning.