Breakfast with the Dizznees

Juline and the triplets were all smiles during breakfast.  Dex, Fitz, and Kesler on the other hand weren't fairing as well.

Earlier in the morning, Juline had hailed Biana to let her - and Fitz's frustrated bodyguard - know that Fitz had came over during the night and that he'd be with them all morning.  Biana said she'd be the one to explain it to her parents, and that she'd hail again if something went wrong, and so far there'd been no hails from her.

The triplets meanwhile, were ecstatic to see Fitz.  Of course, they did love to make fun of his and Dex's complicated relationship, but they also just adored the Vackers.  Rex and Lex had also convinced him to do his hair differently with the help of Bex, which was something they didn't get to do often thanks to their stubborn older brother.  Of course, it left Fitz with a bit of a messy hair do that resembled the triplets other idol, Keefe, but somehow Fitz was managing to pull it off.

Fitz, Dex, and Kesler weren't as happy though.  Fitz kept stealing nervous glances at the father of his best friend while Kesler kept looking at him and Dex while neither of the boys were looking.  His eyes would quickly pace back and forth between the two as if he was trying to decided if this were a Sophie situation, if it was a real crush scenario, or if the two were already dating and his son wasn't telling him for some reason.  He had made it very, very clear that he didn't care who Dex fell in love with, as long as they were good for each other, for a reason.  Dex however, was noticing both his father's and Fitz's actions.  Those two were being utterly ridiculous, and it was making him uncomfortable, causing him to slowly shrink down in his chair.

Suddenly, Juline clapped her hands together.  "I have an announcement I think you'd all like to hear."  

She was smiling up to her ears when all the attention turned to her.  Fitz wondered what this could be about.

"There is a warlock in custody."

Her response was shock.

Fitz's mouth hung open, only to be closed by Dex who also had his mouth open in awe.  Kesler dropped his fork, and the triplets looked from each other to Fitz, then back to one another.

"The Black Swan caught him a few days ago, and they believe it's one of the warlocks who caught you in Atlantis," Juline said, making eye contact with Fitz.

"You mean,"  Fitz started, "they actually captured one?  I thought that was impossible.  Can't they teleport or something?"

"They can force themselves through the void, yes, but they can't do that when there's no water around, which is why they're in a secret part of the desert."

Warlocks ran purely on water.  It was their main source of life it seemed, which was why it was such a common occurrence for them to be spotted in the famous underwater city.

Dex smiled, showing his perfect dimples.  "Are they planning to interrogate him?"

Juline looked at her son now.  "They are, though it's proving to be a difficult task.  It seems they're almost as stubborn as you."

Dex wouldn't have taken too kindly to that comment if Fitz hadn't laughed... with Kesler.

"She's not kidding," Kesler huffed, taking a sip of his water.

Fitz smiled, "I don't doubt that.  Remember when he-"

"And I think that's enough!"  Dex broke in.  "So kind of you all to talk about me, but I don't know how I feel about it when the conversation is about how stubborn I am."

Kesler rolled his eyes.

"Oh, come on!  You can't say you don't get frustrated when mom and I talk about you."

"Yeah, but I get special advantages with the father card!"  Kesler laughed, surprising Fitz as he got up and began tickling his son.

The triplets laughed as Dex tried to choke back his and turned around to wrestle his father.

"Don't worry," Lovise whispered to Fitz, startling him.  "This is perfectly normal."

"I don't doubt that..."

------------------------

The triplets were already gone when Fitz and Dex made it to the leapmaster.

"So,"  Fitz seemed to mumble, "is it really like that everyday?"

Dex laughed.  "I mean, we don't have a tickle-wrestling fight every morning, but yeah, it usually goes something like that.  Though, most of the time it's not me or my dads fault.  It's usually the triplets."

Fitz smiled, thinking of what it would be like to have such an interesting morning.  Normally, he, Biana, and his parents just ate calmly at the table.  No wonder Dex seemed to arrive to school a little exhausted every morning.

"You ready?"  Dex asked once they made it to the leapmaster.

Fitz bit his lip, thinking something daring.  He took Dex's hands in his, making the younger boy raise an eyebrow in question before Fitz kissed him on the cheek.

"What was that for?"  Dex squeaked.  A pink blush made it's way up to his ears as he touched the spot where he'd been kissed.

"I owed you a thank you.  And since when can you kiss my cheek, but I can't kiss yours?"  Fitz laughed, kissing the younger boy again.

Dex's cheeks puffed out in retaliation as his blush deepened.  "You Vackers have weird ways of saying 'thank you.'"

Fitz smiled, gripped Dex's hands, and then gently let them go.  "Yes, yes we do."

Dex turned to the leapmaster.  A smile plastered to his face that he seemed to be trying to keep Fitz from seeing refused to leave.  "Foxfire!"  He called in a quiet, yet happy voice.

Fitz grabbed his hand again as the crystals began to turn.

------------------------

Kesler's mouth was open in shock.  "I knew they were dating."

"I don't know if they're dating yet, but I'd be expecting it soon."  Juline giggled.