Siblings are the Worst

"We told the council." Fitz started as he sat down on Dex's bed. The last time he'd been here, Fitz had just been beaten by a group of warlocks that'd broken into the lost cities. Long story short, it ended with some rather awkward, yet somehow comfortable, feelings between the two. "Biana was against it. She said that we should just leave it up to Sophie again, which I agreed with, but then I started thinking about how much she already has on her shoulders and I-"

"Hold up," Dex said. "What's with you and suddenly taking everyone's feelings into account? Did you manifest as an empath? At age seventeen?"

(Yes, I've aged them up one year. Gasp.)

"Oh, ha ha. No, I tragically did not manifest as an empath. It's just that everyone's really loaded with responsibilities these days, so I figured we should take it into account more, you know?" When Dex shot Fitz a look he continued. "I knew you and your family weren't dealing with anything out of the ordinary, therefore I came to you guys. Besides, you're good people."

The last part was said in a sudden hush that Dex almost didn't hear it. Almost. "That's sweet." He smirked, watching Fitz's cheeks turn a very light shade of pink as he shrugged.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Dex! Dex! Dex!" Chanted the triplets, Lex, Bex, and Rex.

"Oh great." Dex mumbled. "Quick, hide."

Fitz scrambled into Dex's closet as the triplets burst through the door.

"What the heck?!" Dex shouted.

"We know he's here," Bex said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"He left two minutes ago."

"No he didn't!" Lex screeched.

Fitz wanted to plug his ears, but he didn't dare move in case one of them heard him. 'This is a disaster.' He thought.

Then, Rex came forward, motioning Dex down so he could whisper in his ear. Since Rex was supposedly the nice one, Dex conceded, only to be wet-willied.

"EW!"

The triplets giggled evilly.

"That's for lying to us." Bex said, walking back out of the room. "And tell your crush I said he needs to kiss you already!"

Once the door closed Dex let out a sigh of relief and tried to ignore the blush making it's way onto his cheeks. Fitz slowly came out.

"I swear she's joking."

Fitz laughed, "I don't know how you manage. I'd sic a screaming banshee on Biana if she ever did that."

Dex shook his head. "Trust me, they've learned my boundaries, but they will be getting a nice elixir tonight."

Fitz didn't want to learn exactly how far they'd gone to do that considering how they'd once cut all the backsides out of his pants.

"Anyways..." Dex said, plopping onto his bed. "Were you going to say anything else?"

"No, not really. Just that my parents were the ones who really put it in stone that I'd be telling the councilors everything."

"I hope that doesn't mean they're going to question me now." Dex groaned.

"Don't worry. I left you out of it. Though, I did say I went to a friends house after the incident and was treated by Elwin, so let's hope they don't ask him any questions."

"Ugh. Sometimes I want to smash all the councilors faces in. What do you think they're gonna do?" Dex asked, sounding unsure like he didn't really want to know the answer yet.

Fitz sighed. "I don't know. Probably just put up more goblins around Atlantis. Something else needs to be done though."

"So you're saying we should bring this to Sophie?"

"No, I'm saying maybe we should do a little investigating of our own."

"That sounds like a good idea!" Biana said, suddenly appearing into sight.

As what happened the last time she'd done this, the two boys let out a startled noise and Dex grabbed Fitz's pant leg. Biana simply laughed.

"How long have you been there?" Dex asked slowly.

"Long enough to see you get wet willied. And don't worry, your parents know I'm here."

"Did they know you were spying?" Fitz asked in an angry tone.

"Yep!" Biana smiled.

Dex groaned and fell back onto his bed. "Whyyyyy?"

Biana laughed again. "Becaaaaauuse," She responded before running over to the bed and tickling Dex's sides, laughing again when he shrieked.

Fitz rolled his eyes at the two.

Once Biana was done torturing Dex, she pulled him back up and looked at the two boys. "Let's do this thing. Together. I refuse to not be included."