After the Tickle Fight

Dex looked back up at Fitz before breaking into an even worse giggle then before. When Fitz loosened his grip on Dex's wrists, Dex put his hands over his mouth in a vain attempt to stifle the laughs coming through.

"Nooo." Fitz said, putting his head back on Dex's shoulder, causing him to let out more laughs. "You're parents are going to kill me."

Dex didn't deny that as he said, "Biana is going to ask for way to many details when she sees my dad."

"Ugh." Fitz groaned. "What if he tells Alden and Della? You know how up tight they can be about this type of stuff sometimes."

Dex stopped laughing, but he couldn't seem to get the smile off. "We can go tell my dad then, but do you really think he'd tell your family? I mean, think of what happened the last time you came to my house."

"Yeah, but I begged him to not tell anyone."

"And he won't this time either. He knows the Vackers aren't super... adjustable yet. You'll be fine. Besides," Dex's laugh was nervous this time, "we aren't even dating."

Fitz propped himself up on his elbows, eyes looking into Dex's. Looking for something.

Dex blushed and looked away.

"Yeah, so we'll probably be fine." There was a sadness in Fitz voice he was trying to hide, and Dex couldn't quite place where it was stemming from as Fitz got off him, and sat on the bed space where he had been a few minutes ago.

Dex sat up too, looking at Fitz before he moved his eyes to his lap. "Did you hear my mom say there was cinnacreme outside?"

"Yeah, I'll go get it."

Once Fitz returned, he handed Dex his cup, to which Dex happily accepted. The two boys drank the cookie tasting sweetness in silence again, looking at the ceiling.

"I think I'm going to go home." Fitz said once he'd finished his cup. He offered to take Dex's with him, but Dex declined and got up to walk with him. "Any idea where Biana might be?"

"Probably with Bex. Come on." Dex marched towards his door.

Once they were at Bex's room, Dex had the courtesy to knock a few times before she opened up.

"Oh hey." She said, moving so Dex and Fitz could come in.

"Hey. Biana, your brother is dragging you away from Bex." Dex said, pointing at Fitz.

"What?" Biana and Bex both said.

Biana looked outside, "It's kind of early..." She must have noticed Fitz's uncomfortable posture, because she quickly made up an excuse about how she had to go and make sure a few things were right around her room. And had homework. Lots and lots of homework.

Fitz nodded at his sister thankfully as she got up to go with him. Dex took his cup and Fitz nodded his thanks again before light leaping away.

"So, what happened?" Bex asked.

Dex shrugged. "You know the Vackers. They try to be accepting, but with so much new change it's just hard for Fitz to..."

"Be himself?"

Dex smiled sadly at his younger sister. "Yeah. Well that, and dad walked in on us after our tickle fight, and I think he may have misunderstood what was happening."

"OooOooooOOo." Bex said, sitting down on her chair backwards. "What position were you in?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Ew." Dex groaned. "He had my hands pinned down and was kind of on top of me."

"Where were you guys."

Dex shrugged uncomfortably, "My bed."

"Was he panting? Oh no, were you panting?"

"Yep." Dex popped his 'p.'

"Oh. Ew. Dad nooo." Bex groaned, putting her face into her arms. "Let's go tell dad before he has a heart attack."

"Good idea."