After After

"So, uh," Kesler said as Dex and Bex came down the stairs, "I didn't know you two were actually dating."

"We're not actually dating dad." Dex deadpanned. "We got into a tickle fight and-"

"You guys got into a tickle fight?" Bex giggled, "I don't know dad. Maybe I was wrong and there is something going on."

"There's nothing going on!" Dex snapped defensively, his voice cracking in the process. "We got into a tickle fight and you came in pretty much the second it was over."

Kesler looked like he didn't know what to say for a few minutes. "Okay, I understand you two tickling each other, I did hear a lot of laughing, but... why that position?"

Dex shrugged with a blush. "I was lying on the bed and he rolled on top of me. It's not like he was going to say 'hey Dex, get up so I can tickle you.'"

Kesler nodded. "Okay, but if there is anything-"

"There's nothing."

"-I would like to know. You know I don't care about all that match making, reproducing stuff. I want whatever makes you happy. And Bex, you need to clean your feet. What did you step in today?"

"Just some unfinished curly dew." She shrugged.

"Ew." Dex hissed. "I know dad," he said, looking at Kesler again, "Thanks."

Kesler smiled at his son before directing Bex to the shower.

Dex looked down at his toes as he stood in the warm halls of Rimeshire.

--------------------------

Fitz was blushing and slightly by the time he explained everything to Biana.

"Fitz, you're making this way worse then it's out to be. Do you know how many times I've called Dex adorable and cute in front of his family members, and then they didn't do anything?" Biana asked.

"Yeah," he responded, "but you don't have a crush on him, nor were caught on top of him." He groaned. "Kesler saw me on top of his son." What if he hates me now? I know he didn't really like the Vackers before, so what if I just brought back the dislike for our family?"

Biana stood in front of her brother and stopped walking. "Fitz, they didn't like us because we weren't exactly the nicest people to them. We weren't open minded and we didn't know each other. Now, we are pretty nice, open minded-at least you and I are, and we know the Dizznees very well. In fact, I remember not too long ago how you went over to their house because they were trust worthy."

Fitz rolled his eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me lover boy."

He rolled his eyes again.

So Biana tackled him.

"Mercy!" He called, trying to fight off his sister. "Mercy!"

"No, no, no. Mercy isn't the word I'm looking for." She smiled.

"I can't give you a word if I don't know it."

"Yes you can." She said, "Think long and hard. Who'd you see today."

"Dex?"

Getting off her brother, Biana gave him a hand up. "Yes."

"You don't make any sense." Fitz said.

"I know." She chirped, flouncing away.

Fitz shook his head and started walking towards his sister before his bodyguard came out of nowhere.

"Did Dex's bodyguard watch you?" Grizel asked, coming out of the trees.

Fitz jumped. "Yeah."

"Okay, I mean, from what you two were saying though...." She had a wicked smile on her face.

"Please don't tell-"

"Your parents. I know. But if you ever need dating advice," Grizel gestured to herself, "I got you." She then turned to lead him to the castle-like structure he called home.

"Thanks..." Fitz said awkwardly.

"It's tragic your parents never gave you the talk about boys. Looks like I'm going to have to give it."

Fitz stopped dead in his tracks. "Really, I think I'm good. I don't like him like that."

"Nope. I heard you. 'Oh Dex, he was so cute!'" She mimicked then snickered. "Unless you want the talk from your sister."

"I don't think Biana's capable of giving me that talk."

"OH really?" Biana said, appearing next to her brother.

"Stalker."

Grizel smiled, "Well, looks like you get a choice. You get the talk from me, her, or the both of us."

Fitz looked at them, unsure.

--------------------------

"Hey Dex!" Kesler called up the stairs.

"Yeah?" Dex called back.

"Any idea where, why, or how your sister got into unfinished curly dew?"

"Nope!"