Alex Standall

"I'm failing chemistry Jessica and we have a fucking test today! What am I supposed to do?" Y/N said worryingly.

"Calm down. Trust me you'll do great!" Jessica gave her a thumbs up but Y/N knew that Jessica was going to ace the test not her. She was pretty, popular and smart. It did make Y/N envy her a little bit.

The teacher started handing out the test paper to everyone. Y/N looked around and saw her classmates writing away rapidly. She felt scared. She saw Jessica writing and smiling to herself which only meant she knew she was going to pass. Y/N kept looking at the paper and started writing. Y/N found the test incredibly hard, the hour passed away quickly before Y/N realised the bell rang and she had to hand her test to her teacher. She walked out of the class looking upset. Jessica saw her looking down and decided to not talk about the test.

"Let's go and find Hannah!" Jessica said.

"If I fail the teacher is gonna fucking assign me a tutor and it will definitely not be you due to the fact she knows how much we talk and misbehave when we are partners" Y/N said looking at Jessica.

"Is that the only thing that is worrying you?"

"No I guess if my dad finds out he'll kill me. He hates it when I fail because he thinks i'm getting distracted by boys and shit. Sometimes he can be so strict I just hate it you know." Y/N said looking down.

"I remember when I sneaked you out of the window to attend Bryce's party and your dad lost it." Jessica said laughing.

"Shit that wasn't funny! My dad hates you because of that and he thinks you are corrupting my mind!" Y/N said laughing.

"Your dad needs to chill." Jessica said smiling.

"If I say that to him he'll slap me for talking back." Y/N sadly chuckled at the thought of that.

"Forget about your dad! Let's find Hannah!" Jessica said smiling.

The next day Y/N went to her chemistry class and the teacher was handing the test back. She saw Jessica smiling widely and Y/N grimaced slightly. Y/N got her test back. 32%. She stared at the percentage. What am I going to do now? She thought.

"Okay class! I have put up a seating plan. Whoever is sitting next to you in the seating plan is your lab partner." The teacher spoke.

Y/N looked at the board and saw her name next to ALEX STANDALL. Jessica looked at Y/N rolling her eyes because they weren't allowed to sit next to each other. Y/N never spoke to Alex but all she knew he hanged out with Bryce and the other jocks.

Y/N slowly walked towards Alex. His platinum blonde hair making him easy to spot.

"Hi" Y/N spoke. He looked at her up and down and turned his gaze away from her. She sat down and rolled her eyes at how friendly he seemed.

"Okay class! So we are going to start from a simple experiment. Please collect your equipment listed on the board." The teacher said once everyone had settled down in their places.

"Are you just going to sit or help me?" Y/N asked Alex. He looked at her and slightly smirked.

"I'm happy sitting here!" Alex replied looking at Y/N for a reaction but Y/N gave him a fake smile.

"I'll get the equipment! You sit there looking like a dumb-ass" Y/N said. Alex's mouth opened to say something but Y/N walked off.

Y/N saw the safety goggles placed on the higher shelf but she couldn't reach it. She tried standing on her tip toes but it didn't work. Alex approached her smirking slightly and reached for the safety goggles.

"Who is a dumb-ass now?" Alex said smiling. She noticed he had dimples, greyish blue eyes and was wearing a septum earring.

"If you are calling someone dumb-ass for their height which they can't control that makes you a bigger dumb-ass." Y/N replied.

"Then I guess you won't be needing these" Alex said putting back goggles.

"Come on Alex! Don't be like that." Y/N said slightly pissed at his behaviour.

"Fine!" He said slightly chuckling at her. He grabbed the safety goggles and gave to her but quickly snatched it back.

"What the f-" He placed his finger on her lip before she could finish her sentence.

"Swearing doesn't sound nice from you!"He said smiling. His finger was still placed on her lip. She licked his finger.

"What the hell ew!" Alex slightly shouted which made the whole class turn around looking at them.

"That's for the goggles and putting your finger on my lip!" Y/N spat back and then realised everyone staring at her.

"You two need to learn how to behave. Go outside and stand there till I tell you can come back in!" The teacher said.

Y/N and Alex walked out embarrassed

"Shit that escalated" Alex rubbed the back of his neck.

"It wouldn't have if you wouldn't have been such a arrogant prick!"

"Ouch that hurt!" Alex laughed softly. Y/N blushed that she managed to insult him as well made him laugh.

"I honestly don't care! Why were you being so arrogant?" Y/N asked.

"Well Bryce apparently said that girls' like badass boys."

"I already thought you were badass!" Y/N said and blushed.

"Really?"

"Yes really. The fight with you and Montgomery! Shit you looked sexy!" Y/N realised what she had said and couldn't really make eye contact with him.

"Do you want to go on a date maybe?" Alex asked blushing.

"Of course! I have to check with my dad otherwise he'll go nuts!"

"Yeah okay. Here's my number we can text when and where."

"Okay Alex!"

"Both of you can come back in but both of you have detention after school with me!" The teacher said frowning at both of them.

"I don't mind!" Alex whispered to Y/N.