25

"Oh shit oooh shit. Fuck Pea! Shit." This was the constant string of words coming out of Toni's mouth, distracting Sweet Pea's driving. 

"Tiny I get it! Stop yelling or I'll hit a fuckin' tree or something!"

"I'm sorry but floor it! Cheryl is already gonna be pissed that I missed her water break I can't just show up after my kid is born!"

Yep, you heard her right, Cheryl Blossom is pregnant, about to have a child. And her wife is late.

You can imagine how that might go. 

-

"Cheryl! You're okay the baby is still in?" Toni ran into the room and touched Cheryl's stomach. 

"Yes the baby is still in there. Do you see a baby anywhere?" Cheryl snapped and Toni understood that Cheryl might be a little upset, because there was a tiny human poking its way out of there.

"Okayy hello monster" Toni chuckled, completely ignoring Cheryl's aggressive words because it didn't bother her right now- well it never really bothered her in the first place. 

Toni kissed Cheryl firmly on the lips, quieting her down for just a few seconds and relaxing her out of her attitude, at least toward Toni. Toni crouched down in front of Cheryl and put her hands on her knees. 

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" Cheryl shook her head. 

"What took you so long?" Cheryl frowned, placing both of her hands on Toni's cheeks. 

"I was with Pea getting some food at the store for you-and you" Toni poked Cheryl's stomach. Cheryl chuckled, "Kay, well good because I'm gonna be hungry after this." 

"I know baby but aren't you excited?" Toni smiled up at Cheryl. 

Toni had been probably more excited than Cheryl about this baby. After they had found out Toni was unable to carry a child it had been a while until either of them were able to have the discussion about starting a family again. 

But when they planned again, it happened as fast as possible. Their donor had dark brown hair and brown eyes, so the couple was hoping their child would look like Toni as well. 

Cheryl smiled back at Toni, but groaned when she felt another contraction hit her, and Toni scrambled out of her sitting position to do whatever she could to help her wife. 

After a few seconds it passed, and the nurses asked that Cheryl sit in her bed, because she will be going into labor soon. 

-

Cheryl screamed, sweat dripping down her face while the nurses continued telling her to push. 

Toni was sitting behind her on her hospital bed, doing what she could to help Cheryl, who was exhausted and on the verge of giving up. "I can't anymore" Cheryl breather heavily and the nurses looked to Toni. 

"Yes you can baby, I know it. Just think of our baby meeting all of our friends and coming home with us." she encouraged and Cheryl nodded, so Toni pulled her up into 'pushing position'.

And with a few more pushes, their baby boy was born. Cheryl was hoping for a girl, but Toni swore it was a boy. 

"Told ya" Toni whispered at Cheryl, who had collapsed on top of her while the nurses took their son. "Shut up" Cheryl said perfectly loud and Toni laughed. 

"You're amazing, Cher. I love you so much" Toni said and Cheryl turned her head around to see her wife with tears in her eyes. "I love you so much too, Antoinette" Cheryl smiled and kissed Toni softly, but Toni pulled away. 

"Okay no more tears" she laughed at herself and wiped her tears away, but lost it when their son was placed into Cheryl's arms, she didn't need to turn around to know that her "toughie" had lost it. 

"Are you crying?" Cheryl teased and Toni sniffled, "No. Now give him to me" Cheryl turned her body to face Toni and let her hold their son. 

"Well fuck now I'm crying" Toni said as tears literally poured down her face.

"Shut up I know you were crying the whole time" Cheryl rolled her eyes and wiped Toni's cheeks clean. 

"Whatever" Toni mumbled and Cheryl snuggled into her side. Toni placed their son, Jack, on top of Cheryl's belly, because he had already fallen asleep. 

Toni was playing with his fingers and Cheryl was asleep when Sweet Pea walked in and made a commotion with one of the trays, waking Cheryl up. 

"Well I know this clutz isn't touching my child." she stated before pulling the blanket back over herself. 

"Tiny?" Sweet Pea begged and Toni shook her head. 

"Rules are rules. When you're sitting down between two reliable people and aren't on your third cup of coffee we can talk."

-

A few days later, the couple was still adjusting to life with a cranky baby boy when they got a phone call. 

Now- when they knew that Toni couldn't carry their baby they had thought about adoption, so they called around some agencies and hoped to adopt. When they found out that Cheryl was pregnant they called most of the agencies- except one, apparently. 

"Put it on speaker, T"

"Hello this is Shannon with the adoption agency- we have a two-year old we'd love for you to meet!"

Toni covered her mouth and Cheryl sat up, with Jack in her arms. 

Toni smiled. 

"We'd love to meet her" she answered for Cheryl, who couldn't argue once she saw her daughter's beautiful face.