36

"Christmas is in a week you guys, what are we doing?" Fangs asked the group gathered in the lounge. 

"Well I know I don't wanna spend it with my family" Veronica stated.

"Ditto" Betty added.

"I don't have parents as far as I'm concerned" Cheryl added, and Sweet Pea Fangs, and Toni all added "same". 

"I'm actually going up to my moms with my dad." Jughead shyly said, and the group awed for him, his family seemed to be connecting the pieces that theirs couldn't. 

"I'll be with my dad and my dog again this year" Archie joked, "But I'm happy to stop by whatever you guys are up to."

"Well...I know Thistlehouse is available, since my evil mother and fatherly imposter are going somewhere disgustingly tropical this Christmas, I hope they drown. Anyway if we want to split up the food we can all have a Christmas Eve dinner together!"

Toni smiled down at her girlfriend from her spot standing behind her, "I can make some mashed potatoes" she shrugged and Cheryl looked up at her with a smile.

"I'll order a pizza for when Tiny messes up the kitchen!" Sweet Pea jokes, and Toni threw a book at him. The group laughed at their actions, and Cheryl pulled Toni back onto her lap and shushed her while Veronica and Betty offered to make other food, which Veronica would probably end up ordering. 

Christmas Eve 

"So I know everyone will be here soon and you're cooking and all but I want to give you your present, or at least one of them." Cheryl tugged at the hand of her chef, who's ears perked up when they heard "present".

"What about us red!" Fangs called from his spot at the table making spiked eggnog with Sweet Pea. The boy had somehow managed to get flour all over himself. "You two are next, promise." Cheryl laughed at them. 

Cheryl sat Toni down on their bed only for her to get up and kiss her before she could even turn around. "Where's my present?" she jokingly untucked Cheryl's white santa sweater and looked under it. 

"Not that kind of present you fool!" Cheryl scolded and pushed Toni back down with a giggle, feeling Toni swat at her butt as she walked into the closet to find her girl's present. 

"So remember we went to that pet adoption place like last month?" Cheryl asked, and watched in amusement as Toni tried to figure out what it was. "There was this little family of puppies, the little black labs you remember right?"

Toni nodded and basically screamed "yes!", making Cheryl laugh. 

Cheryl carried a cardboard box out and placed it in front of Toni. It was open on the top and Toni leaned her head over and gasped. 

"No."

"Yes, TT look at him!"

Toni peered into the box and gently lifted the sleeping puppy into her arms and looked at Cheryl with her jaw dropped. He had a little red bow on the side of his collar, and engraved in the collar were two letters and a heart.

"Cheryllll you outdid yourself now mines not good." Toni pouted and Cheryl shook her head. "Impossible" she kissed Toni's cheek. "Now what should we name him!" 

"Umm how about Charlie, because it's like Cheryl." Toni smiled and let go of the puppy on their bed. "Toni he isn't allowed on the bed though!" Cheryl exclaimed and crawled all around trying to get him. Toni giggled the more Charlie ran in circles, so did Cheryl.

Toni climbed on the bed and tackled Cheryl down and kissed her. She could tell Cheryl didn't want the dog on her bed, but the thought was soon forgotten when her head hit the pillow with Toni on top of her. 

But, they were interrupted by Charlie jumping on Toni right as her hands slid up Cheryl's shirt. "If he's gonna cockblock me like that we might have to send him back babe!" Toni said while he climbed on her stomach. 

Cheryl huffed a laugh, but also complained about her messy hair and how it was Toni's fault. 

"Well I'm not sorry, it's your fault for being hot" Toni shrugged. "Anyway, thank you Cher I love him so much." Toni pecked Cheryl's cheek while she fixed her lipstick. 

"How'd you get him in here anyway?" Toni asked and Sweet Pea and Fangs laughed. "Remember when we were making out in the kitchen like 20 minutes ago? Yea, then."

Toni blushed and frowned. "Oh so you didn't really think my cooking was hot you were just using me? Rude. Let's go Charlie." Toni strutted back into the kitchen and Cheryl laughed in the other room.

She walked into the kitchen and Sweet Pea turned to Fangs, "20 bucks says Tiny is on the counter with Red's tongue down her throat in 10 minutes."

"I say 5" the boys shook on it and put on a timer. 

Five Minutes Later

"I know it's christmas but I don't see any mistletoe here so scoot it off the counter ya hornies!" Veronica jokes when her and Betty enter the kitchen to see Cheryl and Toni. 

"Says you, V! You and Archie did it in juvie!"

"Touche" Veronica grumbled and went to the other room after putting her food down. 

-

After a quite - Riverdale Christmas dinner, Cheryl and Veronica were left to clean up the mess while the others were either groaning from their fullness on the couch - or making out like Jughead and Betty. Even Veronica felt a slight gag reflex when catching a glance. 

Cheryl was about to clean a plate when Toni's gentle hand landed on her hip. 

"Hey V, do you mind if I steal this one to give her a present real quick?" Toni's gentle smile and near ecstatic tone made it non - negotiable for Veronica, and she shooed them off. 

Toni pulled Cheryl back into their room and the girl found herself almost falling over a new four-legged friend who seemed to have just woken up. 

"It's a lot smaller than yours- but I promise it was just as expensive!" Toni called from her digging around in her sock drawer. She knew about her girlfriends need for the more expensive things in life. 

"TT, did you really put my present with your smelly socks?" Cheryl let out an airy chuckle.

"Whateverrr Cher, lemme just find it first" Toni dug her hand into the drawer impossibly deep, and pulled out a small little box with red wrapping paper. She smiled and held it out to Cheryl.

"If you don't like it, don't worry Cheryl. We can give it in for something else you'd like better or-"

"Toni! I haven't even begun opening it yet. And I would never return anything from you." Cheryl tugged her girlfriend closer, feeling her nerves about the gift. 

"But what about that nice sweater Betty got you- oh." Toni realized that Betty wasn't as important to Cheryl. "Anyway open it Cheryl!!"

Cheryl unwrapped it to find the classic Tiffany's box. 

"T. You didn't" she looked up at Toni, who was standing close with a slight blush on her cheeks. 

Toni nodded for her to open it. 

It was a silver ring with small diamonds coating the outside, and 'T+C' in between the larger diamonds. 

"I-I guess it is just to remind you I'm with you forever, Cheryl. I'm not like everyone else, I love you." Cheryl felt her eyes watering, and she put the ring on before she pulled Toni close and held her tight. 

She sighed into her pink hair "I love you so much TT. Merry Christmas"