49

Toni has been...struggling recently.

She's been evicted from her trailer, and her job just isn't paying her enough. She hasn't been working as much recently because she has to keep up with school work too.

So that's how she found herself with some stupid toaster pizza tucked in her jacket along with some other food.

She knows its suspicious to spend 20 minutes in a grocery store at 10pm and not buy anything, but she doesn't have a choice anymore, so she can only hope nobody will notice her.

Seh shuffles past the registers to the exit, clutching her coat and holding the pizza, and thinks that she finally makes it until she hears, "Hey kid!" and stops in her tracks.

Rookie mistake, never stop. She knows this! So she starts running and something falls from her pocket.

She makes it through the door but a security guard stops her.

"Excuse me miss, could I please check your pockets?" he asks, even though he'll do it anyway.

Toni realizes that she's been busted and drops her hand, letting the food fall to the floor. "Uh-oh" the tall man jokes, looks like we're gonna have to take you in." he reaches for the handcuffs on his belt and Toni steps back.

"Woah take me in?! It was just some food, I'm starving"

"Tough, kid. Maybe ask your parents for some money next time." The man holds the handcuffs up and Toni reluctantly turns around. She doesn't need to end up on the news.

She flinches at the cold she feels from the cuffs on her hands and the sound of the click.

She's lost hope until someone walks inside, about to past her until they stop. Of course it's Cheryl Blossom, just Toni's luck. Cheryl will probably help the officer drive her to the station.

She takes a step back and looks Toni up and down and squints her eyes at her.

In this moment, Toni is ready to do what it takes "please" she mouths to Cheryl, her eyes staring into hers and begging. Cheryl hums and turns to the officer.

"Toni! What have you done? Did you forget your wallet again? I thought we talked about this." Cheryl pretends to know Toni and speaks to the officer.

"I'm really sorry, officer. My friend has a-" and then Cheryl whispers something Toni can't make out, she is handcuffed and doesn't think she should make any sudden moves.

"Oh" the officer lets out a long gasp of realization, and says something else to Cheryl before uncuffing Toni.

Toni's eyes widen at the magic Cheryl just pulled.

"Thank you officer, I'm sorry for the inconvenience" Cheryl smiles and pulls Toni along.

As soon as they are out of ear shot in the parking lot, Cheryl smacks the back of Toni's head.

"Ow! What was that?" Toni looks to Cheryl and keeps walking slowly next to her.

"That was for you being stupid. You don't want a criminal record, Toni. Why did you even do this? Did Sweet Pea dare you to do this or something?" Cheryl went on and on.

"NO. No it isn't because I was dared to or something..I - I actually don't have any money to pay" Toni awkwardly laughed to mask how serious the statement she just made was.

"Wait what? What do you mean?" Cheryl asked in a softer tone.

"Well I lost my house so I've been with Fangs, and I'm low on money so...yeah" Toni scratches the back of her head.