Chapter 3

[Edited: 3.4.19.]

Chapter 3 | No one's pov

Naruto walked out of the shadows.
A lifeless look crossing his face.
You could say, he looked robbed of his will to live. No emotion was betraying his face, just like the example of a perfect shinobi. But perfect people don't exist, do they? {*Suddenly remembers perfect anime guys and Disney guys*... I take that statement back}.

“I see.” There were many words, many unspoken words.
Anger, hidden anger.
Hurt, hidden hurt.
There were many many emotions hidden behind the perfect facade.
And yet, one emotion didn't exist, even behind the mask.
Can you guess? Love? No. There was still a bit of love behind the blank face. But there was no guilt, no guilt at all. All guilt suddenly, in that very moment, disappeared and was to never appear again. Everything he was about to say or do, there wasn't going to be any guilt behind it, not anymore. All people are selfish. But honestly, are really all people selfish? No, he isn't, he never was. It was time for him to let the selflessness behind, it was time to be at least a bit selfish. He deserved it, god knew he did.

Everyone turned around, only to instantly fall in shock. Shock, clear in their eyes, suddenly turned into fear. Something Naruto hated. People feared him, something that wasn't him. People generally feared what they saw but they feared what they knew that they couldn't stop even more. Naruto's friends stared at him in such sadness, in such guilt. They weren't there for him. In his darkest time, they weren't there for him. It was agonizing.

Some girls teared up and the two cheaters tensed, this wasn't going to be pleasant.

Tsunade came to find her voice and spoke, “N-Naruto?” It came out as a whisper. Naruto turned towards her, immediately to stab her with guilt over and over again.
They both knew, she knew and saw through the mask.

She saw the hurt in his eyes, the broken in his soul, the hate building up in his heart and the anger flowing in his veins.

Sasuke stopped trembling some time by then and because his pride got the better of him he said something that would later cost him many things.
“Oi, idiot. What are you doing? Go back to your old annoying self.”

Sakura watched with pride as Sasuke spoke. Her fear disappeared and was replaced with anger at Naruto. How dare he ruin my moment! Cha, this is all his fault! “That's right. What're you doing here anyway, shouldn't you be in some alley beaten half to death or even to death?”

Naruto's face remained blank, much to Sakura's surprise. She was about to shout at him again when he turned to her. He scared her, he saw it. Fear. She was almost like a human display of fear in that moment.

He didn't even blink at her outburst, nor did he flinch. He merely stared. And that was what she was afraid of, his gaze. “Sakura, Sasuke, congratulations. You've achieved whatever you wanted but you know what you achieved as well?”

It was hard to tell if he was mocking them or not. His face remained blank and his hands clapped slowly. Sasuke raised an eyebrow while trying not to launch an attack like his instincts told him and Sakura didn't find it in herself to answer. His voice was so cold, so void of emotions. Just like his face, his body, his heart and soul.
“You were everything it and I needed to break. You both were the last push.” Confusion spread across all the people but none would ask in fear of being hurt.
“W-What?” Naruto turned around to see Hinata looking confused and sad. His gaze softened at her, no one saw it except for her though. He turned to Sasuke and Sakura again. “My facade.”

While many were even more confused, some figured out. Realization hit Shikamaru, Kakashi, Iruka, Tsunade and Jiraiya in their face. Sakura who was now angered due to the fact that Naruto said nonsense raised her voice again, “What are you talking about? What mask? You don't even have one. And even if, what does it matter? Go buy a new one! Wait, that's the problem! No one would sell it to a monster like you!”
She laughed hollow-ly. It sounded fake to the point of where it hurt to hear it. That stopped quickly when Naruto's eyes turned red and split into cat like pupils. A growl served as a warning and none dared to breath. “You're really dumb, aren't you Sakura?” His voice was calm, like the calm before the storm.

Despite the fear, she yelled, and her high pitched voice hurt. “What's that supposed to mean idiot?! Shannaro!”

What came next surprised them even more. He stopped her fist with one hand. Jaws opened wide and eyes watched in disbelief. Sakura flinched, looking at him in such fear. It felt like a nightmare.

He dropped her fist, eyes back to normal. When the villagers and Sasuke let out a breath of relief they immediately regretted it. Naruto raised his fist so fast that no one saw it. That very fist went in Sakura's stomach, and sent her flying into the building. There was no chakra used. Only wide opened eyes watched. “Never. Ever. Do. That. Again. Understood?”

Others nodded, out of fear alone. Ino, who remained silent until now, found herself asking, “Naruto, w-what did she mean with half dead or even d-dead?” It was a whisper but Naruto heard it anyway. He turned himself towards her and she stared. “Do you really wanna see?” His friends nodded, somewhat unsure, while the villagers seemed uncomfortable. He sighed, much to their surprise, and said, “Kai.” Smoke surrounded Naruto but when it cleared, it shocked them to no end.

Naruto stood there without his jacket.  His pants were filled with holles.
His skin was covered in blood.
Insults were carved into the skin, bruises everywhere. They stared. Some in shock, some in anger, some in satisfaction, some with proudness, some in disbelief. Minutes passed by, maybe even hours.

Tsunade ran to him and started healing him as she cried. She should've known. She was the damn Hokage, she should have stopped it. Damn it all. He was the closest thing she had to family, they may even have been blood releated.“You know, you should look underneath the underneath, ne?” Tsunade started sobbing along. The feelings of guilt and agonization were overwhelming.

A group of people watched in disbelief and shock. Never had they ever imagined that this would ever happen. After all, who would have thought that the nine tails Jinchuuriki was hidden behind the facade of an idiot. Look underneath the underneath, huh? Pretty smart, nine tails Jinchuuriki... too bad you have to die.

To be continued...
I'm pretty sure everyone knows who this group is. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! See you in the next chapter, vote and comment!

Ja ne!