Chapter 26

[Edited: 10.4.19.]

Chapter 26 | Naruto's pov

The fight began. Sasuke's Susanoo vs Naruto's Kyuubi mode. The battle shall be one of the greatest in the history. Prophecy has it said. Because brother's bond was it once, hate at another point, lovers followed and betrayel ended it all. In the end love remained hidden. For darkness surrounded the one while the other was freed. But nothing comes without consequences. And the consequences would be damned.

~oOo~

Kick. Dodge. Fight. Dodge. Attack. Dodge. Fly back. Jump right. Land perfectly. Focus chakra there.

That's what has been going on for a while with the two.

Sasuke's EMS bled and his Susanoo was only half. Naruto didn't look much better and he wondered why.
That's when he saw it. The blondes eyes widened and suddenly everything clicked. Rinne-Sharingan?!? Kurama remained silent inside. Speech wasn't able to make itself clear.

Sasuke's lips quirked at one side and his eyes were no longer the EMS but Rinne-Sharingan. "Speechless dobe? Now that you figured it out I don't have to hold back anymore or hide the eyes under genjutsu. I thought of secret attacks while you didn't know of my favourite eyes but now that you do...." All Kurama's chakra suddenly left Naruto and he was forced to his knees.

Itachi watched wide-eyed as well. His foolish little brother... Where did he got those? Those questions plagued his mind and he got into stance. Then a knowing look from Naruto made him pause and sigh. Yes, Naruto was the only person he would let take care of his otouto. He believed Naruto. Not that I have another choice.

Naruto mentally asked Kurama what happened. He didn't learn of the Rinne-Sharingan. Why should he too? Who would have thought of ever seeing the Rinne-Sharingan... The only eyes that could rival his Kami no me.

The battle got uglier and uglier.
And the Kyuubi container honestly didn't want to know just how ugly this would get.
He activated the Kami no me.

Sasuke's chakra reserves were full thanks to the chakra from Kyuubi. Naruto's were only ¼ full. With the Kami no me ¾.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Naruto's unusual eyes. These were as dangerous as his. Undoubtedly.
They started with hand on hand combat. It was based of three things.

Punch. Kick. Dodge. Punch. Kick. Dodge.

Teeth flew everywhere. And it was getting tight. Jutsus like Rasengan/Rasenshuriken & Chidori/Raikiri
mixed in as well. When Naruto thought about his sage mode he nearly face palmed. How could he forget that?!? But with Sasuke's Rinne-Sharingan it wouldn't help too much.

He was caught of guard for a second and Sasuke used a strange arrow with his Susanoo. The Amaterasu flames had long since filled the area. They were —though no one noticed for a while— at the valley of the end. Just like before. Nostalgia hit Naruto like a punch and he grinned slightly. Sasuke on the other hand attacked with a furious battlecry, "NARUTO!!!" And it snapped Naruto out of his memory. He charged with a battlecry of Sasuke's name as well.

It would be later that Sasuke stated something he would regret.

~oOo~

"Still as apathetic as ever dobe.... Tch. No wonder everyone abandoned you. We both know no one was comfortable with you having Kyuubi",  the sadistic intention of having the satisfaction of hurting Naruto in the emotional area was clear, a low blow. Naruto gritted his teeth. That was a really low blow.

Sasuke smirked, "Yes. A monster of sorts. But I don't think you are that... No, you are merely a tool. A weapon... That's what you are..." Naruto detected something wrong.

His eyes sharpened and he inhaled, "Tell me Sasuke... When have you fallen so low... So unbelievably low. But then again...." Tears should have been spilled alongside sorrow. Should. But didn't.

Naruto closed his eyes and a surge of power suddenly glowed around him. The power was bright white but slowly started turning rose and red. Until it became a dark crimson.
No longer were Naruto's eyes the lovely light colored Kami no me. Now the Kami no me was filled with dark shades of red.

Sasuke shivered and Itachi surpassed it. Before either Uchiha could even blink Naruto appeared in front of Sasuke, shocking both since he was in the Susanoo now and for many other oblivious reasons, "I shall judge you. Unlike Danzo you aren't... How should I put it? Hmm. Doesn't matter. Judgment!" The once blue eyes narrowed and Sasuke felt his soul being pulled out.

Itachi sprang into action thinking of ways to save Sasuke. Even after all he did it was still his foolish little brother. But didn't even get a chance to come near as a barrier stopped unwelcomed guests. He cursed rivers in his mind and for a moment he thought Naruto looked over at him, looking deeply hurt. And his eye widened. Trust is the key. That was the key to the whole puzzle! That voice —Naruto he absentmindedly thought— that questioned him and his loyalty. Naruto was testing his loyalty and trust. But of course. It was so obvious. He should have known. His thoughts and feelings calmed down.

~oOO~

"AHHH!!" Screams like that of a tortured soul filled the alley of the end. But none coming trough the barrier.

Sasuke felt like his souls has been ripped from him. But he also felt relived. The ex rouge nin breathed irregulary, and all too soon his breathing slowed down.

Naruto's eyes gave nothing away, how he felt. He turned around and spoke to Sasuke before he lost consciousness, "In the end... What is the world without love and hate? It's nothing..." "Heh, you're right, idiot."
"Sasuke... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Itachi's eyes widened and Naruto's dulled. Sasuke opened them once again wide and a small smile crept onto his face, "Hmm... Apology accepted. I'm sorry too... I finally understand but it's too late for regrets now, huh... At the very least I'm free... Hey, tell Itachi I'm sorry...." The eyes closed and fell in an eternal sleep.

The barrier fell as the mighty fell with it. That day the sky cried rain. Clouds came together in an attempt of comfort. Thunder angrily thundered to show the grief. But nothing was enough to comfort the two tortured souls standing over their dead friend/brother. Tears fell and sobs never ended. The prophecy was fulfilled and consequences paid. Prophecy has it said

the consequence shall be death.

TBC