Chapter 21

[Edited: 9.4.19.]
Warning: OOC-ness!

Chapter 21 | No one's pov

|Moon country|

They arrived at the moon country just in the evening. Nonetheless they arrived. Finally. They had to sneak past the guards and into the castle. In which they were met with clone Naruto, Hikaru, Yuki, Hiro, Michiru and even Amayo. Plus Michiru wasn't... fat anymore. Well, not that fat.
Naruto quickly dispelled his clone. "Ohayou, it's good to see you, dattebayo!"
The others smiled at him while the children hugged him. Just then Hikaru caught sight of Itachi. His eyes widened and he ran to Itachi. "Nii-sama! What're you doing here?"

"Hello there, Hikaru-kun. How do you handle the henge?"

Suddenly something clicked inside Naruto's mind. "You were the one that showed Hikaru transformation jutsu, otherwise known as henge.... no way." The disbelief in his voice was clear.
Itachi didn't respond but Hikaru nodded. "That's nii-sama!" Naruto snickered and got a few glances looking weirdly at him. "I bet Sasuke would be thrilled to see this." Itachi snorted and Naruto burst in laughter. Nagato and Konan snickered while Obito chuckled a bit. Hikaru looked at Naruto like he lost his mind (not like someone can guarantee him otherwise) and Naruto shook his head, "It's nothing." Naruto wondered why Hikaru didn't remember Sasuke... when it hit him, Sasuke wasn't with them. Michiru didn't ask about the unexpected guests but led them to three rooms. He chuckled nervously, "Umm, I hope you don't mind sharing rooms. I didn't exactly expect more guests and the other rooms are a bit... dirty, thanks to someone." He glared a bit at Hikaru who grinned at him in return.
Wow, never thought that Michiru would glare at anyone and that Hikaru was one for pranks.

Naruto shook his head at Michiru, "It's alright, I'll share a room with... uh Yuki, Hiro and... Itachi?" The statement sounded more like a question and the other three (Yuki, Itachi and Michiru) nodded. "I'll share one with Nagato", added Konan. Obito sighed, "I suppose I'll be alone then. Damn, I'm tired." The henge did indeed got most of their chakra and the injured wing didn't help. Naruto bit his lip to stop that scream of pain. In his momentarily happiness he totally forgot his injured wing but now the pain seemed to be eager to greet him.
"Yes, we'll go to bed now. See you in the morning."

After they bid goodnight's, they went to their bedrooms. Naruto helped Yuki and Hiro tuck in. Itachi watched from the queen sized bed. Yes, there were two beds. Two queen sized beds. Yuki and Hiro slept on one while Itachi and Naruto slept on the other. Naruto didn't really like the idea but sleeping on the floor wasn't an option, at least if he didn't want to have a pain in the neck and back.
It isn't like he would be sleeping anyway. Itachi layed in the bed and watched him. When he saw that Naruto wasn't going to the bed, he smirked and asked, "Why don't you lay and sleep beside me kitten?" His voice was teasing but Naruto didn't react.
Itachi played disappointment, "What a shame. I'm really lonely and cold. I need someone's companion." Naruto shook his head. He opened a scroll and bit his thumb. When the smoke cleared, he held a yukata in his hand. Itachi raised an eyebrow, "Dressing to impress?" Naruto scowled, "No, it's for the festival tomorrow. But if you want to know, I undress to impress." Itachi chuckled in amusement. Naruto's ears turned red. Not that anyone could really see it.
He sighed, sealed the yukata back and layed down, next to Itachi.
Itachi was surprised but didn't let it show.

And somehow that night they didn't notice that they slept in each others arms, again. They were warm. And it was alright. After all they were just two broken and cursed souls in a cruel world. They were each others lights. They didn't see it now but... they would do it very soon.

TBC
Yea, wow, over 20 chapters. Damn, didn't really expect that.