Chapter 6: Interconnectedness

Captain Beran trusted the team in the crater to be retrieved alive. All communication had ended the moment they'd slipped out of sunlight. It was imperative that they return with answers, as the past days' reports had reinforced his belief that the crater played a central role in sustaining the biodiversity both near and far.

Sky Chart had initiated work on a map that would highlight the pattern of energy flow in the extended area; the evidence so far indicated that vast amounts of energy were flowing from those depths and spreading out in intricate patterns that enabled adjustments to be made at every node. Influx was at times reduced, to later power up through adjoining nodes, according to the necessities of each strip of land.

Ground teams reported ecosystem stability throughout Study Areas 01 and 02.

Each set of nodes consequently sustained their energy requirements.

Therefore, energy was being distributed intelligently.

"Sir?"

"Enter."

It was Zadek.

"Please be seated."

"Thank you, sir."

The Captain noticed that Zadek was showing signs of fatigue. "I'm listening."

The Omirion provided a detailed account of his encounter with Baama the Elder and his tribe, during which he was not once interrupted. "I have come here straightaway."

Soo Beran was processing the information. "Can you re-establish contact at will?" he asked.

"My pathways have not yet become accustomed to the new Time-band. It might take a while before I can switch between this one and that by intent."

"Can you confirm it is a different temporal reality?"

"I can, sir."

"How far apart?"

"Not long. It could range anywhere from an immediate Time-band to one, say, a few months apart."

"Time, used to mediate between Planet B-17 and Umbar." That held considerable ramifications. "A meeting in time preceding one in space."

Zadek nodded. "It was the only way to meet me – opening a time portal I could pass through."

"A time portal you were ready for," observed the Captain. "Very well. Keep me informed."

"I will, sir."

Taking a bow, Zadek left Command Bay.  

Have you ever considered time and space separately?