Chapter 30: Temple of Knowledge

Planet M'alala, the 7th Dimension

Will you, with the Grace that was given, uncover the Secret to life?

Behold! Now the Door is ajar – will you enter?

Songs to M'alala as the New Year dawns – Be'eriad, Land of the Free

Mé followed Anana, Thynna and Caana along the gentle river through shafts of light falling from high above through the foliage of the trees. The weather was mild and the earthly scents of the forest wrapped around her.

They climbed up a hillock, and Mé could now see two pyramids farther in the distance, constructed as if at the dawn of Time, their sides not smooth, but as if made of giant stepping stones; one was smaller, and the one behind it was many times its size; a stone fence wall like a vast rectangle enclosed them from afar.

"That is the Temple of Beren," said Anana, pointing out at the first one, "where you might enter, if you choose, and the larger structure is the House of the Highest, wherein only after passing through many trials is a seeker of God allowed to enter, as the vibration of that place is so high, only the pure at heart, mind and soul and body as well are able to withstand."

Mé nodded in understanding. "Based on what might I enter the Temple of Beren?" she asked.

"If you wish to," said Anana, "its Doors are open to you."

"Your invitation honours me," Mé replied.

Anana smiled and glanced at Thynna and Caana.

"This is the 7th dimension," said Caana. "Much is allowed if you know how to ask."

Mé smiled. "Then please help me grasp the notion of dimensions and how they interact in the realm of M'alala."

"If understanding is what you seek," retorted Anana with a nod, "then follow us to the Temple of Knowledge, where we shall honour your quest for better discernment through knowledge of Truth."

Mé inclined her head. "Thank you."

"I commend you on your choice," Thynna told her. "I, too, seek Knowledge of the highest kind. Allow me, then, as a sister walking before you on this path, to hold your hand immaterially as you venture along this road."

"I'd be delighted," said Mé.

Suddenly, she realized how open-minded she had become since Umbar had landed on Planet B-17, and more exactly since her descent into Íma. She smiled to herself, and followed her three guides sideways, away from the Temple before the House and down a sloping green hill, wherefrom she could spot a dome-like white abode that held several chambers throughout its single level. It lay upon a hill, surrounded by silence. Even the birds seemed silent, but rather than soundless, the place was simply peacefully quiet.

"We shall go in together," said Thynna as they climbed the stone steps that led up to the rounded patio before the entrance.

"Alright," said Mé, and in they went, the four of them.

The dome was peacefully quiet on the inside as well. It resembled an ancient library, filled with, but uncrowded by, old manuscripts, handwritten tomes, some with such symbolic language that deciphering them was an art in itself, and many more treasures of inestimable value.

An old man approached, tall and kind, and dressed in a silver-blue robe on top of which he wore a deep-violet mantle-garment, and on his head he wore a pointy hat, deep-violet as well, dappled with golden stars.

"I greet the seekers within you," he said, inclining his head. "How may I assist you on this day?"

His voice was calm and his demeanour as well. Mé felt she would love to serve tea and remain in his company, mainly to simply listen to what he said.