Chapter 11 - The Crater: Part 6

"See, now," the governor asked, "that luminous pulsation across the streets?"

Mé peered in that direction as if across the surface of ephemeral, winding rivers, past buildings one or two storeys high, in hues of soft and pleasant light, and spotted a triangular, bright beacon emitting a ceaseless white cascade that merged with the sky.

"That is our Healing Temple. Queen Maru-na is there praying almost all the time. And there," he pointed westward, "is the Temple of Life Renewed – connected to the one you've seen before and to others in the astral field, whose essence is too bright and pure to be distinguished from below the fifth dimension."

The second Temple was a horizontal ellipse of vast proportions, its light gleaming with a turquoise undertone.

"Indeed," Mala continued, "many come here to be replenished and rejuvenated – even at a soul level," he added, leaning his head towards her.

"Do you go there often?" she asked, wondering what he had meant.

"As many times as we need. There is much healing available to all who ask. Come now," he said, gently touching her upper back, "I want to show you the Fountain of Rejuvenation."

"I would be delighted to see it," she replied, and they turned left between two mildly shimmering buildings that gave her the feeling that she might, at least to some extent, run her hand through their outer walls.

"Oh, they are very much material," said the governor, amused.

She laughed. "I must look baffled, don't I?"

The governor laughed so merrily, and then he said, "Oh, dear Mé, we are familiar with three-dimensional plane thinking. See"–they approached one of the walls–"try to run your fingers through it."

Mé did, but barely had the tips of her fingers approached the luminous structure of almost fluid surface that she drew her hand back instantly – not that she'd reached what one might call a solid structure, but because its frequency was as if sealed unto itself and just too powerful to give way.

"I can't," she said.

"Curious, wouldn't you say? A thought-form, turned into unbending matter."

"Thought-form?" she asked, raising her eyes over the wall. "Is that what this is?"

"It is a thought-form because we build with the power of our minds, and it is light that we materialize through the power of our thinking," he explained.

Mé listened in astonishment. "Is everything here a thought-form?"

"Excellent question," Mala replied. "And I will ask you this: is a thought-form not life, or where do you think thoughts come from?"

She filled her lungs more fully, as if breathing in extra strength to even sustain a notion on that level. "I do not know," she answered softly, a bit weak in the knees.

"Come, I do not want to confuse you," he told her. "I've promised you access to a special Fountain."

Nodding in agreement, she followed, and after a few steps, she wondered aloud, "Is it that thoughts intermingle with matter?"

"I would agree they do," he answered; "form it, bend it, modify it"–here he looked at the wall again–"though it takes mastery to build with thinking blocks, as you'd say, lay in a foundation"–he drew as if a plane in the air before him with his hands– "then add layer after layer of solidity, pouring in light from Source, that is crystal clear, yet wilfully opaque from the outside in."

They stepped back into the ring-Garden.

"That means that from within these structures are transparent?" she inquired.

The governor nodded. "Panoramic views from every chamber, yet privacy all at once."

Going along an alley in between two iridescent, green hillocks, they arrived at a luminous, three-fold cascade that seemed to swell from the earth into the shape of three merging toruses. She could see no solid fountain surface, and yet the water always retreated, never dispersed, and ceaselessly re-emerged and dashed up and around its central pillars.

"It is magnificent," she uttered after she had caught her breath.

The governor smiled. "I am most pleased you like it. Now, would you like to try it?" His arm extended, gesturing towards the impeccable source of perpetually-flowing light.

The Fountain of Rejuvenation, she recalled.

"What will happen to me?" she wanted to know.

"Oh, it's quite mild," he reassured her, "and yet powerful nonetheless. It cleanses away any doubt and negativity from your bodies, mending the subtle ones and filling you up at cellular level – filling your entire being – with as much light as most serves you now. It's like bathing and nourishing from soul level all the way into the physical."

She checked her feelings and her mind: both were at peace, so she agreed. "How do I proceed?"

"Step gradually into it and let it clear away all that no longer serves you."

Not only was she granted the honour of visiting the City of Depths Unseen, the thought crossed her mind, she was also offered the chance of healing. Stepping into one of the outermost toruses, which were lower than the central one, she felt as if tingling waves washing through her being, and they were pleasant and refreshing, so she advanced a step further. Fully immersed into the outer torus, she felt her mind – a strange sensation – stretching around her skull, being cleansed, eased, as one would gently wipe away layers of doubt and fear with soothing breaths, with a calming, ethereal balm that sank into her skin, down through her blood veins, into every muscle and every bone, deeper into her being, filling each atom of her body and each electron, pushing away any lower vibrations, replenishing and rejuvenating her entirely. She felt light, strangely even taller, she dared say, as wave upon wave was centering her, gathering energy from Source, extending roots down through her feet – and that is when she felt her: M'alala, as a breathing, fully functional, sentient, complex Being – a mother-like Presence, in whose womb she felt anchored, stable, more alive, while rivers of Source-light were washing through her being and sinking into the ground.

She remained there a while longer, in the outer torus, then she stepped back, bowing to the Light in the Fountain and, turning to governor Mala, she bowed to him as well. She felt replenished in ways that she could not explain; and maybe he managed to see her gratitude in her eyes, a gratitude whose magnitude words were too uni-dimensional, too flat to express.

He smiled a luminous smile and inclined his head to her. "M'alala welcomes you as a Child of the All. We are brothers."

She bowed low.

Each explorer is unique, and M'alala is responsive to that, enriching the Umbarian experience. Fun prompt: how would she respond to you?  And since we've mentioned prompts, who here is also writing? I'd love to check out your stories. Thanks for your answers.