Chapter 18 - The Crater: Part 10

"Everyone, gather together!" Meknáni exclaimed.

The land was moving quickly, wind in their ears. They came together, reaching out, holding each other's arms. Umbe was at the end, calling for Meknáni.

"I'm here!" he said. "Come!"–and reached out his hand.

"Remember to stay calm and trustful!" Menior said.

"Prepare to jump!" Meknáni asked.

The dark was turning grey. Questions at the back.

"Ta-ala!" the white tiger humanoid explained, and they all understood.

"Prepare to jump!" said Gre.

"When?" Sakna-Sa asked.

The sound of racing steps. A bluish whiteness above and ahead.

"When the light reaches us!" said Meknáni.

A leap.

"All together!" the Oombyr asked, and they were lifted off onto a whitish platform resembling the edge of a cliff. A bluish light enlightened them.

"That's the Light of Ta-ala," revealed Meknáni.

The platform became a white square – columns in the corners rising into heights unseen – and the nine companions gathered at the centre.

"The point of stability," Menior said.

Sakna-Sa gazed at him, lights in her eyes, smile on her lips. "You focused on creating one as well, didn't you?"

"I sure did," came his answer.

"We're co-creating everything that happens," said Sakna-Sa.

"As we did with our emotions when we had barely begun descending," added Gre.

"Let us not be trapped," advised Sla, "but keep on going."

"Agreed," answered Meknáni. "Let us journey together into the highest, most serving experience we can now have, so we can all be victors! What do you say?" He looked at Umbe and asked, "Do you trust that we can all do this?"

"I trust you," Umbe replied.

"That's good enough," Meknáni said, then turned to them all. "The way I see it is that we can either be prisoners of one place or use stability to pursue our most suitable course."

"Agreed," said Menior, and so did Sakna-Sa.

"This is turning into a great adventure," commented Arít.

"Let us trust each other as well as ourselves that we can manage," said Sakna-Sa. "Alright. What is the course of action?"

"We walk that way," Meknáni retorted, pointing at an elongating side of the white platform, and upon it they stepped. "Remember to stay trustful," he asked them, and walk they did. "Think victory," he added. "We are not bound to stillness or confinement. This is a fluid spacetime, which makes it so much easier."

They all agreed and kept on walking.

"Is this snow?" asked Sakna-Sa.

"Are we on Planet Kaas?" asked Uiio, remembering Meknáni's story.

"I don't think so," said Menior. "Let the answer reveal itself in due time."

Snow flakes were gently falling, swirling in the air. The automatic thermoadjustment in their uniforms was activated, producing heat and sending subtle currents towards the extremities of their bodies.