Chapter 19: M'alala

Who is the fraction of the Atom and the Atom Herself?

The Tree of Life beckons and casts many shades.

Surrendering to All-That-Is, we return to the Divine,

Acting and being Divinity Itself.

The Tree of Wisdom, Book 1, excerpt 17

M'alala had taken shape as a woman clad in white garments and a deep grey mantle over her shoulders and back. She was part luminous, but very obviously tri-dimensional in a heightened way.

Gre found himself thinking that should the Moon ever become a woman, it would look like her. M'alala gazed into his eyes and smiled.

And should a Savier, the race renowned for higher logic, ever renounce their ways for higher wisdom, that Savier would think like you, she answered in his mind.

Eyes widened, Gre chose to remain silent.

"Who here comes for Wisdom, and who for Grace?" M'alala said. "Who comes for Knowledge, and who to take a stance? Who's victor over time and space, and who over themselves? Who knows the answer has found their place."

The nine were silent for a while. They observed M'alala, each other, and themselves. Who held the answer? No one seemed to do.

"Afraid you must not be," M'alala said, "for fear casts opportunities away."

Menior stepped forth and bowed. "I am Menior Lem of Planet UX-40 and these are my companions. We come on Recognition Vessel Umbar of Star Bay 10-95, the Hexor Galaxy. We are known to travel worlds and learn about life. Whom do I have the honour of addressing?"

"I am M'alala, the Planet you have labelled a letter and a number."

She seemed not upset.

The team glanced at one another.

"You are a sentient expression of Planet B-17/M'alala?"

"The whole planet is sentient," she replied. "I am essence forming image."

"And this space," Menior looked around, "is your own essence-self forming images as well?"

With a smile, she replied, "You understand."

Gre decided to speak, "You are the world of matter aware of itself." It was a question or an answer, something he had heard or said. It felt that she drew near, albeit she had not moved. "You are the world herself. Awareness in the form of a being."

She nodded, lights in her clear eyes.

"I am Gre."

M'alala smiled to him.

"I am Meknáni Sto," the Oombyr said. "So whenever we interact with an aspect of this planet, we interact with you."

She inclined her head.

"You are the one keeping us here," Meknáni added, "and Mé as well. What has become of her?"

"You are the ones keeping yourselves here," M'alala then replied. "And Mé is well. She's had her chance to knowledge and has evolved well. Now she is back on Umbar."

"How has she managed?" asked Sakna-Sa.

"She has not tried to force her way and has received the guidance at each step," M'alala said. "Íma," she glanced around, "is the place that holds dimension-doors, gateways into becoming. Once you have entered, a learning process has begun."

"We must explore a different dimension to be allowed to return to Umbar," Gre tried.

"Indeed," M'alala answered.