{Twenty Four} 🍒

A L A N A P O V

"You know what's for dinner ?" Tianna asks me .

"I think we having Tacos . . ."

"Ooo I ain't had tacos in a minute ."

"NALA !" My auntie calls out .

"Yes auntie !" I yell back .

No response .

I sigh and get up off the bed then walk out the room.

"Where are you ?" I call out .

"In here ." She replies from the guest room down the hall .

"Yes-" I cut myself off as I see her standing beside the bed, holding up a blue condom wrapper .

Shit . Shit shit shit shit shit .

I've just realised something .

"Would you care to explain what this is doing in my guest room ?"

"I-I don't know..." I lie .

"I'm gonna give you one more chance to tell me the truth ." She folds her arms .

How exactly do you tell your aunt you had sex with the boy she told you to stay away from, on her bed, in her house ?

". . . We- it- I-"

"Y'all had one job...one fucking job ! Stay away from each other ! Was that really too much to ask ?"

"Auntie you don't understand-"

"Y'ALL HAD SEX NALA !"

"It's not that big a deal . . ."

"Um, it's a huge fucking deal ! How am I supposed to explain to your parents that I failed at one of the simplest jobs that came with taking care of you this summer ?! That I let their fourteen year old daughter have sex with some fifteen year old thug !"

"Kentrell is not a thug !"

"Nala, you don't know him like I do !" She pinches the bridge of her nose . "What were you thinking ?! You are fourteen years old ! You are a little girl ! Guys like Kentrell only use girls like you for one thing !"

I just watch in silence as she continues to rant on and on about how stupid we were .

She sighs . "I honestly thought you were smarter than this but it's gone on for too long . Now y'all are risking pregnancy ? Do you know how much it would ruin your life if you got pregnant ??"

"It wouldn't be too bad . . ."

"You know what ? That's it . I'm calling your parents . I'm getting you out of here . I can't trust you and Tianna here alone together and it's the only option to keep y'all safe ." She explains .