Chapter 3

Maisie

After few minutes, Mr Blake came towards us, so I pushed Lucifer from the hug. He glared hard at me but couldn't said anything as Mr Blake asked him to follow.

I become nervous at the thought of being alone at a party, again. But I know its much worse than before because today I have my aunt and cousin with me too. I looked up at Lucifer nervously and shook my head lightly. He came closer to me and kissed me.

"Don't worry. I'll come back soon" he said, again kissing my forehead.
"But -"
"Mr Knight, we have to go now" Mr Blake said from a little distance.
Lucifer gave me a final peck in lips and went away.

After he went, Mrs Blake came with some women and introduced me as Mrs Knight. They were shocked to see a young girl as Lucifer's woman.

I was feeling extremely uncomfortable because of the gazes I was receiving. Anxiety level was increasing quickly. I was unable to breath. So I decided to go to the balcony for some fresh air.

I was about to step out in the balcony, when a hand stopped me. I looked back and found Jason. He was smiling at me. I smiled at him and congratulate him.

"Congratulations, Jason. I wish you all the best for your future"
"Thank you Maisie. Well, I was thinking if you could have a dance with me?"
"Umm....Jason.. I don't think-"
"Please Maisie. Just one dance"
I was confused, whether to agree or not. Before I could answer, Jason pulled me towards the dance floor to my surprise.

"Jas- Jason.... Wha-"
"Shhh....it's just a dance" he whispered, placing his hands on my hips. My breathing become heavy, thinking about the closeness between us and my main fear was my husband. I didn't dare to look up at him. We danced with the rhythm for sometime.

Suddenly, Jason squeezed my hip, making me jump. I looked up at him, shocked. He leaned forward near my ear and said, "I love you Maisie".

I froze. The surrounding became blank. I wasn't hearing anything. I wasn't seeing anything. We stopped dancing. I blinked my eyes rapidly for few seconds and looked up at him to see whether he is joking. But I could see the seriousness in his eyes. I could feel it.

I pushed myself away from him like he is a disease. I was having trouble to breath, so I made my way towards the balcony.

As soon as I stepped out, I took a deep breath to calm my accelerating heart. Few seconds later, I felt a presence behind me. I looked back and saw Jason, again.

"Jason. Please can you leave me alone for a moment" I said in a low voice.
"No" he bluntly said.
"Please Jason. Go-"
"Why did you ran away?"
I stared at him in confusion.
"Then what did you expect? Do you think I'll return your feelings? Because if you think that, you are absolutely wrong" I laughed humorlessly.
"Why can't you return my feelings?"

'Is he for real? What the hell is wrong with this person?'

"Because I'm married. How can you even thin-"
"Do you love him?"
"What?" I whispered.
"Do you love him?" He hissed.

'Do I love Lucifer? Do I love my husband?'

"I-I... It's not the poi-"
"Do you? Or not?"
I remained silent, not sure what to say. He smirked and closed our distance by walking towards me.

All of a sudden, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him and he kissed me. My eyes went wide as I froze then and there.

For first few moments, I was unable to move. Then slowly I gained my sense and tried to push Jason away.

'Doesn't matter if I love my husband or not, but no way in hell I'm gonna cheat on him'

I pushed him harder but he didn't even moved an inch. I pressed my lips together, fighting him, denying his kiss as tears ran down my face. Suddenly, he was pulled away from me. I gasped for air and opened my tears falling eyes.

I again gasped, but this time in fear. I saw Lucifer looking down at Jason with rage filled eyes. He grabbed Jason by his collar and punched him hard, drawing blood.
I winched at the violence and tried to stop Lucifer.

"Lucifer. Lucifer, stop. Please. Stop" I sobbed. I tried to hold Lucifer's arm but he continued to rain punches at Jason's face.

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU KISS MY WIFE? HUH? YOU MOTHERFUCKER. SHE IS MINE. NEVER TOUCH HER" Lucifer yelled at Jason.

Suddenly Mr and Mrs Blake came running towards us, with aunt Mary and Jenna following them. I tried to pull Lucifer again and fortunately, he released Jason.

He turned towards me, fully ignoring the crowd. He cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears. I was crying uncontrollably as it was the first time I've seen this much violence.

"Shh. Baby, it's okay" Lucifer whispered to me, hugging me tightly. I looked at Jason's lifeless body on the floor, coated with blood. Mrs Blake was crying whereas Mr Blake was calling the ambulance. Jenna and aunt Mary were glaring at me, silently blaming me for the mess. Few minutes later, an ambulance came and picked Jason up. They drove off, with Mr and Mrs Blake following them.

"This is all your fault Maisie. You always means trouble" Jenna screamed at me once other's were gone, leaving her, me, Lucifer and aunt Mary.
Lucifer again fisted his hands, trying to control his anger. I pulled away from the hug but held Lucifer's hand, silently calming him.

"Why don't you say the truth to your husband? Why don't you say it was you who loved Jason at the first place, not him?" Jenna said with a mocking tone.
Hearing this, Lucifer's body went tensed. He was about to step towards them, when I stopped him.

"Am I lying Maisie? Jason was your college love, wasn't he? Go ahead tell him the truth, my sweet cousin" Jenna scoffed at me. I was unable to say anything, so I bite my lips as tears were streaming down my face.

Lucifer looked towards me with a deep frown. Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out, towards the parking area.

He placed me inside the car and snatched the car keys from our driver. Once inside, he drove off like a mad man.