•Bonus - Asher's story•

Felicity

I packed my stuff to leave the office

I packed my stuff to leave the office. A happy smile was pasted on my face thinking about the weekend. It's Friday and I'm going to relax myself to the fullest this weekend.

As soon as I came out of my office building, I closed my eyes and happily felt the evening air hit my face. But me being me, I tripped on the very flat surface and hold on to the nearest object as an instinct.

Suddenly I felt the 'object' vibrating and sweet chuckles filled my ear. I looked up and found Elijah, the head of my editing department, shaking his head and looking at me with amusement filled eyes.

"You tripped again" it was not a question but a statement.
"Yeah" I smiled sheepishly and straighten up myself. Once I was standing, I tried to move back but Elijah's grip on my arms were firm. I looked at him in confusion, then realization hit me.

'You haven't thanked him yet stupid!'

"Sorry for my manners. Thank you, again, for helping me" I said with a grateful smile.

He blinked couple of times as confusion flooded his eyes, before  realizing what I was talking about.

"No problem though. So what's your plan this weekend?" He asked with his million dollar smile.
"Relaxing. Past few weeks were quite hectic" I sighed, "so this weekend I'll let myself relax"
"Wow. That's a nice plan" he laughed, "well then, let me drop you to your house"

I thanked him again before we head to his car. We talked and laughed talking about office stuff. Suddenly he went silent.

"What is it?" I asked in worry.
"Nothing. I was just thinking about next week" he sighed.
"What about it?"
"Well as you already know our current boss is retiring and he sold out company, I was just thinking what our new boss will be like" he explained.
"Oh that. Umm I've heard that he's very strict" I mumbled.
"Yeah me too"

Again there was silence in the car as we both were lost in our own thoughts. You might be thinking what are we even talking about.

Well let's start from the beginning. Hi, I'm Felicity Miller and I work in Life, one of the world's biggest magazine company. I work in editing department and as I said earlier, Elijah is our head.

So our previous boss, Mr George is retiring and few weeks earlier he sold our company to someone very powerful, whose name I don't know. Actually nobody knows. No one even tried to find out as everybody were very busy this past weeks.

Next week we'll be meeting our new boss. So let's hope for the best.

Suddenly Elijah's voice startled me, "we're here".
I looked outside and his car was standing right in front of my apartment. I turned towards him and thanked him. It's not the first time he had given me lift. So it wasn't new and awkward.