Chapter 13

Maisie

*Few days later

I was sleeping peacefully, when suddenly I felt a hand lightly shaking me up. I didn't paid attention to it at first but it was not stopping. The hand continued to caress me and shake me. I pushed it away but again the stubborn thing came back. When it became out of control, I slowly opened my eyes and groaned loudly in protest.

It was still dark. Only the table light was switch on. I rubbed my eyes to adjust in the light. When slowly I was able to see, I look for the stubborn hand.

'Lucifer?'

He was kneeling before me with a smile, eyes full of love and adoration. I was more than confused. I adjusted myself against the headboard.

"Lucifer? Wh-what is it...? Why are you up...? What's going on?" I asked tilting my head in confusion. Lucifer only smiled wider and got up to sit next to me.

"Happy Birthday, wife" he whispered lightly to my ear and kissed me so passionately, that all my sleep was wiped away. My mind stopped processing for a moment.

When Lucifer released me from his kiss, I looked towards the digital clock. It read '12:03' of 15th October. Realization drawn to me and I remembered it really was my birthday.

Suddenly Lucifer got up and went towards the small tea table present in our room. He picked up something and came back. I noticed it was a cake. A big smile crept upto my face. He sat it down before me and lit up the candle. I was so excited. It was my first time to cut a cake on my birthday at midnight.

I watched eagerly and waited for Lucifer finish his work. When he was done, I looked at him. He smiled charmingly and said,  "Go ahead".

I closed my eyes and make a wish. Then I blew the candle and cut my cake. Lucifer was watching me with mixed emotions in his eyes. Adoration, amusement, love was clearly shining through his face.

I offered a piece to Lucifer. He ate it without breaking the eye contact with me. Then slowly he licked the cream from my fingers, making me blush. He chuckled lightly and offered me a piece too. I took the whole piece on my mouth, moaning at the delicious taste. Lucifer's eyes darken on hearing it but I ignored it. I was about to cut another piece but Lucifer picked up the plate and placed it away. I watched him with confusion but soon realized his other plans.

He quickly came back and took me into another kiss. It was more passionate then before, more hungry then before. I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me. After kissing my lips, he starts kissing down my neck and slowly began to undress me. Soon enough I found myself screaming his name, as he continued to make love.

When we were done, Lucifer wrapped his arm around me as I placed my head on his chest. I love to place my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat. It calms me. He slowly run his fingers through my hair, occasionally kissing me here and there.

"Thank you for the cake" I said slowly. He kissed my head and tighten his grip on me, pulling me closer.

I looked up at him to say something but closed my mouth, biting my lips. He sighed and asked "What is it?".
"Umm .... Can... Can we eat it? I really want to eat the cake"
He laughed and shook his head, "Love, it's past midnight. You can't -"
"Please Lucifer. I really want to eat it. I'll let you eat too. I know it was Bella's cake and I can't say no to her baking. Please can we eat it" I sat right up and gave him my best pouty face.

He tried best to hide his smile but failed miserably. He shook his head lightly and kissed my pout.

We both were able to finish the whole cake till 2 in the morning. After our little cake treat, we both drift off to sleep.

Next morning I had difficulty in waking up. On the other hand, Lucifer was unaffected. I'm not denying I don't love to sleep but now my sleepiness was increasing day by day.  And staying awake for that long last night, didn't help.

When I came downstairs, everybody wished me. Breakfast was a bliss. Amy made everything I loved to eat. I checked my phone and received some notification from college friends. But there was none from my best friends. Anna, Bella, Ethan - no one text me.

'They remember, right?'

When breakfast was done, Lucifer brought me to the library. There was a whole new section of latest books. There were so many. I quickly ran up to them and picked some books randomly.

"Did you like it?"
"I love it" I said with a big smile while hugging the books to my chest.
"This is your first gift of many. I'm glad you like it" he said, kissing me on my nose. I giggled and thanked him.

After spending some time in library, Lucifer left for his study. I picked one random book and starts reading it. The story was amazing as I quickly found myself lost in the book.