Chapter 20

Maisie

I yawned feeling sleepy again. I put down the book I was reading and stretched. I was reading at the balcony of our library. So I got up slowly and walked towards the railing.

I took a deep breath and sighed. Cold was increasing day by day. Wind was becoming chilly but I loved it. I love winter. I know many of us hate it because it's 'winter' but I loved this 'winter'. It brings snow. It brings a reason to cuddle. It brings Christmas and New Year.

I smiled thinking about the winter and rubbed my stomach. But my smile soon faded thinking about yesterday. Oh god it was a disaster!!!
Normal dinner was turned into a yelling ground. I seriously don't know what is Sofia's problem. Why does she hate me so much.

'Ugh!'

I again sighed and went to our room. When i reached there I checked my phone, since I left it in bedroom. I noticed my phone was in silent mode so I quickly put it in normal mode. I checked the notification and was shocked to find 16 missed calls. When I checked the person behind this missed calls, I was shocked beyond words.

'Eric??'

I rechecked but it was Eric. 'Why was my father in law calling me? What does he want now? '

I jumped when my phone rang again. It was him. I became nervous thinking what to do, what not to. Unconsciously, I received it. I mentally face palmed myself before saying "hello?"

"Maisie, it's me"
"Mr Salvatore, Good afternoon"
"Why didn't you picked up earlier? "
"Oh sorry for that. I was busy. Besides my phone was in silent mode"
"It's okay. I had something to ask you "
"Ummm. Okay. Go ahead"
"Can we meet?"

I was shocked. Why does he wants to meet me again?

'to insult you more, idiot' my inner self scolded me.

"Umm, I don't th-"
"I promise it's fine Maisie. Sofia won't be there.... "

'Glad to hear'

".... Besides you can bring Lucifer with you. I just want to talk to you about something".

'Why does everyone wants to talk to me? '

"Well Mr Salvatore, I don't think Lucifer will agree to that"
"I know my son is head over heels for you. You can convince him. I'll text you the address tonight. Please Maisie, meet me there tomorrow. I'll be waiting" saying this, he hung up.

I was speechless now. Yesterday's whole drama was still replaying itself in my head. Now another one to handle.

'Oh god!!! Please save me'

I decided to take a nap until Lucifer returns. So I slipped under the covers and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up feeling my husband's hand all over me, groping and kissing me everywhere. I groaned and tried hard to stay asleep but Lucifer had other plans. He kissed my lips, asking me for entrance. But when I didn't opened my lips, he squeezed my breast making me gasp in surprise. He took the chance and deepened his kiss. I moaned in his mouth and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Very soon we made love. He was as passionate as ever. I screamed his name as he left numerous hickey on my body, claiming me his. And I accepted them with full heart as I was his. All his.

"Whose are you?" he whispered huskily near my ear, still making love to me.
"Yours. Yours faithfully" I moaned and he again kissed me.

After our heated session, I was hungry. He got up and wore his pants before going downstairs to bring food. Meanwhile, I dressed myself in his shirt. Suddenly one notification popped up on my phone. I checked it and found it was the address.

I searched the place in Google and was shocked to find it was a cemetery.

'whoa whoa whoa.... What th-'

"What are you frowning at?" I jumped hearing Lucifer's voice from the doorframe. I looked up and saw him holding one big tray, standing there shirtless. I quickly pulled the phone behind me and smiled at him sheepishly.

He raised his eyebrow at me. He walked towards the bed before placing the tray at the tea table.

"What are you hiding? "
"Huh? Nothing.... It's just...."
"What?" he asked worriedly while he sat down next to me. I bite my lips feeling nervous and he cupped me cheek, slightly rubbing with his thumb.

"Your father called today. He... He wants to meet us tomorrow . Well he wants to meet me in general but he said you can come along. I told him you won't agree but he insist on convincing you. He even said he'll send the address where to meet him tomorrow"
"Did he send any address? "
I nod my head and hand him over my phone. I watched his expression. He was shocked, surprise and confused.

"Can we go?" I asked nervously. He didn't said anything but got up suddenly. He stretched his hand for me and I grabbed it. He walked towards the sofa placed beside the tea table and ask me to sit down.

We eat our dinner in silence. But it was not comfortable. He was tensed. I can feel it. I checked him occasionally, to find his shoulder stiff and tensed up. There was a frown on his face, indicating his hard thinking. He finished his plate early but he remained seated beside me, waiting for me to finish.

I put the last bite inside and placed the plate down in the tray. I was about to take the tray downstairs but he stopped me and took it himself instead.

I returned to bed and waited for him. After few minutes, he entered the room and switched off the lights. He didn't said anything but came straight to bed. Lightly, he placed his head on my chest and wrapped his arms around me. He didn't applied much pressure to hurt me. He was careful with the baby.

I ran my hands through his hair, calming him. He sighed heavily but didn't said anything.

"Do you know the place?" he asked suddenly.
"Yes. I searched it in Google. It's a cemetery"
"Hmm. It's my mother's Cemetery"