Chapter 10

Maisie

When Bella arrived, I felt so happy. Although I'm happy with Lucifer's presence in the house, but I still feel guilty. I never wanted him to miss work, only because of me. As I was lost in my thoughts, he excused himself and went out of the house.

'I wonder, where is he going? '

Soon I found myself distracted with Bella. I figured out that she knows about last night because she asked me once. But that doesn't end up well, as I started crying again. Now I'm missing Lucifer.

'God! What's wrong with my moods? What's wrong with me?'

Bella tried everything to make me stop cry. Lastly we end up baking cake, again.

We were enjoying our delicious cake, when suddenly I heard a loud noise of glass shattering. I jumped at the sound. Maids and Amy came running, worriedly. Soon I heard multiple footsteps. Suddenly a woman made her way towards the dining hall, angrily.

'Claire?'

Confused, I slowly got up from my chair. Bella looked shocked and was frowning at Claire. I saw guards running after her, probably trying to catch her or something?

"Where is he?" She yelled at me.
"Wh-who?"
"Don't play dumb. Just fucking tell me where is he?"
"Lu- Lucifer is not he-"
"I'm. Not. Asking. About Lucifer. Where is he? Where is Harry?"

A small gasp came out of me, hearing that monster's name. She was asking about him. But why?

'How are they related? Most importantly, how in the hell I would know where is he?'

"I ....I don't know"
"Huh. So you don't know?" She asked in a mocking tone.
"No" I whispered.
"Don't you dare to lie. You bitch. I know well he's here. Where is he?"
"Shut up you whore. When May is saying she don't know, that means she don't know" Bella said angrily.

Guards came closer to Claire but suddenly she pulled out a shining object from her purse. Gun?

Everyone present there gasped out loud when she pointed the gun towards me.

"Stand back, darlings. You know well what I'll do if anyone of you try touch me. Now, you tell me before I pull the trigger. Where is he?"
"I-I don't know seriously. Please put the gun down" I said as anxiety starts building up in me.
"Do you think I'll believe you? After what happened yesterday?"
"When you know what happened yesterday, why do you think he'll be here?" I asked, frustrated.
"Because Lucifer wants to kill him. And he will kill him ".

I froze. Lucifer won't kill anyone, right?
'oh! Who am I kidding? He's not the king for nothing'

"He...he won't kill anyone"
"Ohh you think he'll let Harry go after yesterday? But I'm sure as hell, it was you who threw yourself at Harry......"

She continued to rants. She blamed me for everything. She blamed me for yesterday and for Harry's death. Tears were leaking out of my eyes as I hear her out. Bella, Amy, everyone tried to stop her but she never stopped.

"... You know, he was the only reason behind my mother's happiness. She loved him so much. But now only because of you, she'll get depressed again. You are worst then Lucifer. You are worst then me. I was happy with Lucifer. We were about to get married. Then you came. He changed himself. He changed himself because of you. Everything was perfect until you came."

Hearing someone blame you for the things out your reach, really hurts. Soft sobs escaped my lips. When her ranting became out of control, one of the guard decide to snatch her gun.

Claire immediately escaped his grip and pulled the trigger, pointing the gun at him. A small low scream escaped from my mouth as I backed up from her. She manically made her way towards me, when I heard another gun shot and everything went blank.

-------------------------------

I groaned as I shift in my sleep. The dream was weird. Very weird. Claire coming home, shouting at me, pointing a gun, the guard, gun shot..... Uufff, its too much.

I felt a hand softly running through my hair, to my neck. It starts caressing my collarbone softly. I moaned slightly.

"Wife"
"Mmmm"
"Love. Get up. You've to eat"
I slowly opened my eyes and blinked few times to adjust the light. I groaned again.

"What's the time?"
"It's time dinner"
"I'm sleepy"
"Come. We'll eat first" saying this, he helped me to get up. As I sat up, reality strikes me.

'Oh god! It was not a dream.  Claire was here'

As I remembered everything, my breathing starts getting heavier. I started feeling uneasy because of anxiety. Lucifer might have noticed it because he came to my side quickly and cupped my cheeks.

"Shhh. It's okay"
"Is it true?" I whispered.
"What?"
"D-did...did you killed hi-him?" U asked in a shaky voice. He didn't answer. Tears starts building up in my eyes.
"You did" I gasped under my breath. His frown deepens while he looked at my worried face.

"Are you worried for that motherfucker?" He asked angrily, "Do you even know what he tried to do? How can you think I'll let him go so easily?"

"B-but killing someone is not right..."
"I'm the king of underworld, wife. I have the very right to punish people. And people messing with my life have to pay a higher price" saying this, he got up and made his way out of the room, slamming the door on his way.

I know worrying about a horrible person is wrong, but still I never wanted someone to die because of me. And now Lucifer's angry too. Tears slowly escaped my eyes drop by drop. I sniffed and wiped them.

Moments later, the door opened. Lucifer walked in with a tray and a deep frown on his face. He placed the tray on the small tea table present inside.

"Come, eat your dinner"
"I...I'm not hungry" I whispered.
"Wife" he sighed. I know its better to eat now. So I got up and moved towards the leather couch present in front of the table.

I started to eat my dinner slowly and awkwardly with Lucifer was watching me all the while. I looked up at him in confusion.

"Where's your plate?"
"I'll eat later on" he said. This time, I frowned and shook my head.
"Come. Eat from here" I offered him my plate. He looked at the plate and then looked at me. He shook his head and leaned back on the sofa, with a soft, almost unnoticeable, smile.

I picked a bite with my fork and again offered it to him. This time, he opened his mouth. Like this, we ended the whole plate.

As soon as I placed the plate on the table, I yawned.

'What the.... I'm sleepy already?? But I just woke up!! What is wrong with me today??'

Now, my eyes stated getting heavy. Lucifer chuckled lightly and picked me up. He placed me on the bed and lightly kissed my head, whispering "Good night".

But then he touched my abdomen and mumbled something. I didn't asked him anything because soon I dozed off.