Chapter 18

Maisie

I'm nervous. I'm so so damn nervous. It's still noon and I have time to relax my mind but the thoughts about tonight's dinner,  make my stomach roll in panic.

Lucifer didn't wanted to go to work but I requested him to go. He had already missed so many days on work and I don't want some more to add as my guilt.

'But I miss him' my inner self said immediately.

I took my phone and decided to call Bella. Since Ethan and Anna already left the city, I was feeling lonely but they promised they will return soon.

I talked to Bella on the phone. I told her about tonight's dinner and my panic attacks. I've already told her about Mr and Mrs Salvatore before and she clearly hate them. Then she told me about her and Sebastian's date tonight. I wished her all the best and vise versa before hanging up.

I dressed up formally as it was getting dark outside and they can be here any minute. I tied my hair into a classic bun and went downstairs. Lucifer arrived exactly at 5 pm and dismissed all staff members. Amy told me everything was cooked and went away. Now it's only me and my husband.

After Lucifer freshen up, we watched TV. We talked with exchanging few kisses here and there. After some time, Lucifer's phone rang and the guard informed us that Salvatores have arrived.

I immediately tensed up a bit. I tried my best to hide any signs of discomfort. The guards escorted them to living room. I was about to go to them and take Mrs Salvatore's coat but Lucifer tighten his grip on my waist, stopping me. I looked up at him in confusion but his face was rigid and blank. He was watching our guests keenly with zero expression in his face.

"Let's get done with this" he said with a bitter voice and made his way towards the dining hall, tugging me by my waist.

Once we all reached dining hall, we took our respective seats. Mr Salvatore was as rigid as Lucifer. Their faces were expressionless. On the other hand, Mrs Salvatore was glaring at me with eyes full of hatred and anger.

Just then I realized I've to serve them. I was getting up when Lucifer placed a hand on my thigh and stopped me. I again look at him. This time he said.

"They can serve themselves, love. The food is here, so are they" he snapped quickly, in a mocking tone.
Before I could say anything, Mrs Salvatore said, "But this isn't a way to treat guests".

"You are no guests. You two are just some unwanted people, who came to seek some attention" he scoffed.
"Lucifer it's-" she was cut off when Lucifer raised one eyebrow, daring her to finish her sentence. She gulped loudly and look away. Meanwhile, Mr Salvatore was not really watching the show. He was thinking something so hard, that frown lines were appearing on his forehead. Despite of the insults, he seemed unaffected.

"Now use your hands and serve yourself. Just eat and get out" my husband hissed menacingly. My sweet mother in law hurried and served herself food.

Unconsciously, one giggle left my mouth. I covered my mouth quickly in fear and shame. Lucifer watched me amused by my sudden laugh, whereas Mr Salvatore looked shocked. But Mrs Salvatore, Sofia, was another story. If before she was angry, now she was fuming. Raging with anger. I averted my eyes from her glare and looked down in fear.

It was calm. Dangerously calm

Deja vu

The hall was silent. There was no sound besides the clinking of spoons and forks on the plate. No one dared to say anything. The air was tensed. It was heavy.

There was a huge awkward tension in the air. And it was nearly suffocating me. But I didn't dare to say anything. Neither I looked up. I just put my whole concentration on my plate, eating my food.

Once the dinner was finished, I got up and cleaned everything. Thankfully he didn't stopped me this time but he helped me cleaning. When we were inside the kitchen, suddenly Mr Salvatore, Eric, came inside. He asked Lucifer about some stuff which were out of league and then went outside. Lucifer said he had something to discuss with his father and left to his study but not before pulling me into a heartwarming kiss.

I resumed my work and placed the leftovers inside the fridge. Just as I entered the living room Sofia came in front of me, with a wine glass at her right hand.

"I have something to talk with you" she snapped suddenly, Making me jump.

'Oh god, please save me'