Chapter 19

Maisie

Sofia gestured me to follow her to the sofa. We sat down. She was sitting in front of me on the Grand Tuxedo sofa, drinking wine. I sat there uncomfortably, fidgeting with my fingers.

Silence greeted us. I was looking down my lap, whereas she was watching me like a hawk.

Then she cleared her throat, gaining my attention. She sat down the glass on the middle table and straighten up.

"Did you informed your aunt and cousin? "
"About what?" I asked in confusion.
"Your pregnancy"
"Ohh. Ummm.... No.. No I haven't" I said looking down, feeling ashamed.
"Glad to know I'm not the only member of your 'not going to inform'  list" she snorted, mocking me, "What happened to Claire?"
"I... I don't know"
"Stop your drama" she suddenly fired. I jumped slightly in shock and looked at her with wide eyes.

She got up and took another glass of wine. Like this, she gulped down few glasses at once. I watched her bewildered.

Moments of silence passed and neither of us talked. She kept drinking, whereas I only sat and watched her feeling nervous for her next attack. Finally she broke the silence.

"Whose is it?" she asked still with her back faced to me.
"Pardon?"
"Whose child is this?" turning around to face me, she pointed my stomach.

'EXCUSE ME? '

I was taken aback. Speechless, standing there, looking at her with wide eyes and mouth agape in shock.

"Wh-what are you t-talking about?"
"Ohh don't act so innocent. We all know about your past lovers and how many lovers you have. So tell me who is the father? Tony? Jason? That best friend of yours Ethan? Or someone else?" she walked towards me slowly. "Ahhh wait!!! Or is it your husband's best friend, Sebastian? No doubt why he loves you so much" she said with a cruel smirk.

A drop escaped my eye as she finished accusing me. I was unable to talk or process anything on my mind. It was blank. I tried to keep it functioning with heavy breaths. I blinked furiously to clear my eyes. The things I hate the most came again. Panic attacks.

"Are you insane?? What.... What is wrong with you?? Of course Lucifer is the father. He is my husband. Are.... are-" I tried to ask her but cut me off.
"Ohh dear, don't start your innocent drama again. You can tell me. I won't tell the secret to a single soul. So let's start again. Sebastian is the father, isn't he?"
"St-stop.... Stop it" I cried.
"No. I won't. You ruined everything. Every plan was ruined the second you entered my stepson's life. I won't let your life go that easily. I will ruin you. Your life. Your child".

I was feeling light headed. Just as I was about to fall, a pair of hands hold on to me. I instantly knew who was it. I turned around and hugged him tightly, breathing heavily.

No one has ever censured me like this before. Getting blame for a thing which we can think of, is another thing. But getting harshly criticized for a unimaginable thing is awful.

It hurts. It hurts so much. How can she think like this? I love my husband and cheating on him is totally unimaginable. She even dared to threatened our unborn baby. How can she.

Once I was calmed, Lucifer stopped rubbing my back and lightly pushed me aside. I looked at his eyes and winched inwardly. They were red. Raging. Burning with anger.

He walked slowly towards Sofia and took the wine glass from her hand.

"Get out" he said in a plain voice. Sofia opened her mouth to say something, when he cut her off, "I said Get. Out".

Saying this he placed the glass down at the table and walked towards me. When we were about to turn and go, Sofia stopped us with a loud sound of claps. She clapped dramatically and again we faced her with our all attention.

"So this is what your mother taught you now? No doubt why she died such a horrible death. I can see how she must be by looking at you Lucifer. She is the most awfu-"
"SHUT UP!" Lucifer shouted, silencing her at once. But she was not ready to stop.
"No Lucifer you shut up. Step or not, I'm still your mother. You never gave me that respect. Everytime I tried, you turned your back. You disrespected me in every single way possible. And marrying this girl was the most disrespectful thing you ever did. But I can assure you I'm far better than your real mother. She was a bitch, just like your wife. And when I'm showing you the truth, you don't want to believe it? Who knows who's child is developing in there? She is a bitch, can't you see that? "

Without warning, Lucifer pulled out a gun and placed it on her forehead. I gasped loudly, covering my mouth in shock.

'I wasn't expecting this'

"Say another word about my wife or my child or mother, I dare you" he hissed, almost loosing his temper. Sofia visibly shivered, "You won't shoot me".
"Try me" Lucifer hissed at the verge of losing control. He was a second away from pulling the trigger.

Sofia gulped loudly but thankfully didn't said anything.
"And you are blaming my mother for the way I am? Let me be clear, you made me like this. You and that man standing over there" he pointed towards his father and continued "made me like this. A stone hearted cruel man. A devil. But don't worry, you are no different. You two are much worse than me. Now Get. Out" saying this, Lucifer called the guards and asked them to take the Salvatores outside. He even forbid their entry in the house again.

I watched everything like a statue. Unable to move. Unable to talk. I just watched.

Lucifer didn't said anything either. But when we reached upstairs, he ran a hot bath for both of us. He helped me strip and carried me to the bathtub. Placing me in, he got up too. My back was touching his chest, so I leaned back and relax under his touch.

He was right. It was a bad idea to invite them to dinner. Very bad idea. But I don't know what's her problem. I just want to talk to her and know what is her problem with me. But I know, it will too turn into a disaster.

'Ugh'

Neither of us talked. The drama downstairs was enough for today. Now we just enjoyed each other's company in the comfortable silence. He placed his head on the crook of my neck, breathing in my scent to calm himself and placed feather like kisses. I sighed loudly and closed my eyes, not bothering about being in the tub. Because I know, Lucifer is here.