Six Years Old: Training

Many years ago...

I found Aunt Azura in her office. The bell on her door ringed when it closed and she looked up to see me.

"Hi, there! What's wrong?" She knelt down to be on my level and ruffled my hair.

"Can you teach me how to fly?"

My aunt thought it over for some time. "When you're older."

I put on a sad look.

"However, we can start teaching you how to do other things, like hand to hand combat!"

I smiled and did a little bunny hop. Aunt Azura giggled.

"That's my nephew!"

We left to go to the arena. Once there, I watched as Azura set up a training course and then I had to go through it.

---------------------
Skip provided by young Alaska training with Azura!
---------------------

I fell down on my butt, panting. Aunt Azura came over with a bottle of water for me. Rather greedily, I took it from her and guzzled it down. As I did so, Azura sat next to me.

"You did well, for your first time. In no time at all, you'll be able to beat the best of us, no sweat!"

I wiped the water off my lips and smiled up at her. "Really?"

"Really."

Still smiling, I laid my head in her lap and closed my eyes. Sleep swiftly consumed me.

(Now it is Third Person!)

Azura carefully lifted the sleeping boy and carried him to his room. She shivered at how cold it was in his room and laid him down on his bed. Tenderly, she covered his tiny body with his favorite fuzzy blanket and planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

"You always were the caring type."

Azura spun around to see her half-sister Stella standing in the doorway. She smiled and walked over to her sister.

"He's a good kid, Stella. I'd hate to see him go through massive trauma."

Stella nodded. "I know. He takes a lot from his father."

Azura took one more look at the boy, then left the room.

I would love to make this longer, but couldn't think of a way to do so. The later flashbacks should be longer. Should. Don't count on it.

Bye!