Will you please stop kicking me, Carolina?

North's Pov:

We were pinned down behind a car on its side with police shooting at us. I took a glance at Wyoming, who had been hit, and C.T. who was treating him.

"Team B, report Team B!"

I put my hand on my radio. "Team B is down! We have wounded and are taking fire!"

Carolina's voice was full of determination. "We'll be right there."

"Negative, get the package. Get it out of the city."

"Roger that."

I took my hand off my radio, peeked out to shoot a clip, swiftly reloaded, then peeked back out to see all the police gone.

"What the-?"

Slowly, a figure clad in blue armor with blood splattered all over rose up, SMGs covered in blood. They looked at me and I saw a mostly red visor with tiny splotches of blue. Not sure if they were friend or foe, I trained my sights on their head.

"You can put the rifle down, North. It's just me, 'Laska."

This piqued Wyoming's and C.T's interests. The figure claiming to be Alaska took off his helmet and I immediately lowered my rifle.

"It is you. Sorry, I didn't recognize you."

He tilted his head, then looked at his armor. Taking a look at his visor, Alaska let out a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah....... I guess I did go kinda crazy. C'mon, let's get y'all back to base."

As soon as he said that, 479 dropped out of the sky in her Pelican and opened the back hatch. We climbed in, and after picking up York and Maine (who had been shot repeatedly in the throat, ouch), we flew over to Carolina and Alaska offered his hand to her. She took it and we were flown swiftly to the MOI.

-----------------------
Alaska's PoV:

I sat in my room, taking a much-needed break from the action of the day. As I lounged around on my bed, my door suddenly slammed open and I looked to see Linda standing in the doorway, shadows covering her face. She strode in and I felt her anger.

Quickly, I got up and held up my hands. "Loo- OW!!!!" My yelp of pain was most definitely heard in North's room.

Linda lowered her leg from the kick she delt to my gut and watched as I clutched my stomach, wincing in pain. "That was for making me worry." She suddenly grabbed the sides of my head and pulled me into a kiss that lasted a few seconds.

I smirked, tasting the mint that covered her lips, probably from a recent brushing. "And that?"

"Was for coming back okay."

There was a knock on my door and Linda quickly hid behind my bed, knowing just who was outside. Problem was, part of her head and feet were still sticking out.

I opened the door to see North and his girlfriend Arizona. North tried peering in my room, but I blocked him. "Yeah? What's up, North?"

He turned his attention to me. "We heard you yell out in pain. Is everything okay?"

Zona jumped in. "What happened?"

Oh, crapcrapcrapcrap! "Yeah, everything's fine. I just slipped."

They narrowed their eyes. "It didn't sound like you fell, Alaska. You're not one to do that."

Crap! Why do they both have to be snipers!?! "You got me, I accidentally dropped that Mjolnir helmet on my foot. Luckily, I had my boots on."

They exchanged a look, then left me alone. Letting out a sigh of relief that they took my lie, I locked my door and turned around to be met with several dozen kicks to the legs. Falling to the floor, I looked up to... see under Linda's skirt.....

Aw crap.

She realized that and gave me a kick to the head, then chest. Feeling the pain, I backed away with a hand up.

"Linda! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that!"

She growled and pulled me to my feet. "You are such an IDIOT!"

She threw me against my bed and continued to kick me. This went on for about an hour before she sighed and collapsed next to me, hugging me tightly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." She began to hiccup.

Gently, I rubbed between her shoulder blades. "It's okay, Linda. It's okay. I deserved it."

"Not all of it! Haven't you seen? Texas is number one! And she's been here only for a few weeks!" Tears started to roll down her cheeks.

Holding her close, I let her quietly sob into my shoulder. As I did so, my hands began to rub her shoulder blades and lower back, causing her to melt into me. My door tried opening, but the locks held it closed.

Acting like I was woken up, I grumbled "What is it? Can't you tell I'm trying to sleep?"

Suddenly, the door clicked open and Arizona stood up to stand next to her boyfriend. They immediately saw Linda in my arms. The two of them smiled and entered the room, relocking the door behind them.

I narrowed my eyes. "You are such jerks."

Zona gazed at Linda, who was sleeping in my arms. "I knew something was going on with you two!"

North smiled and noticed that Linda was asleep. "Yep. Looks like someone's very comfortable around you."

My glare turned into a look that could kill. "Get. Out."

They left as ordered, but not before North gave me a bit of advice. "Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it."

"Yeah, I'll remember that. Dick-head."

He chuckled and closed the door. I sat there, on my bed, stroking Carolina's hair before my eyes grew heavy. Pulling the covers over us, I fell asleep, hugging my slightly quick-to-anger girlfriend.