Calm Day

I look over at Gavin, picking up Pumpkin and petting her slightly. She doesn't seem to care that I moved her. "Tin can, I'm impressed," Gavin says, smiling, "most of the time she barely lets me touch her." I smile, "I guess I just am good with animals." Gavin finishes the last of his coffee, and gets up to go to the kitchen.

Gavin had always liked Nines, but he never wanted to say anything. Well, it's not that he didn't want to, he just didn't think the android would take him seriously. But since he's here, Gavin figures he can try to figure out what Nines thinks of him.

I keep petting Pumpkin and then Gavin walks over to the side of the couch, looking at me. Flashes of my thoughts from last night run through my head, and I blink. "So Nines," he says calmly, "what were you thinking about last night?" I hesitate, and say, "Unlikely things."

Gavin had seen the look on Nines' face before, and he knew he was getting somewhere with the android. "Like what?" He says. I look at him, trying to figure out how to respond. "Interactions..." I say slowly, watching Gavin as he moves around the couch. I move my legs and he sits on the couch with me. Pumpkin gets off of me and goes off somewhere. "What sort of interactions?" He says calmly.

I can hear the thirium rushing through my systems again. "... Why does it matter to you, detective?" I say, my voice slightly unsteady. Gavin smiles, knowing that he's slowly getting through to the android's defenses.

He moves so he's closer to me, and I hear the thirium rush through me faster. "I just want to know what you think about, tin can." He says quietly, looking me in the eyes. I know that there is no way out of this situation, because I know how stubborn Gavin can be about things. "P-physical interactions..." Gavin notices the small stutter in the android's voice, and moves closer to him, sitting inches away from him.

My stress levels are slowly climbing, and I can tell that Gavin knows this. I know he's doing this on purpose. He moves closer to me, taunting me silently. "I just want to know you better, tin can. What you like, what you hate... that sort of shit." I look him over, getting more stressed as the minutes tick by. I suddenly get an idea.

"Well, Gavin, if you must know, it was about you." I say calmly, trying to keep my voice level as my stress level hits it's max. He is clearly taken by surprise, and I move, making him move backwards. Now I'm in control of the situation, and Gavin doesn't know what to do.

"You want to know what, exactly, I was thinking about?" I say quietly, looking him in the eyes, inches away from him, like back in the alleyway. His face turns red and he hesitantly nods. I see more barriers pop up, and I break through one at a time. "Well, would you rather have me tell you, or have me show you?" His face turns a darker shade of red, and I lean towards him, whispering, "Looks like I'll have to make that decision for you, isn't that right, Detective?"

I could see Gavin's stress level was as high as mine, and I finally broke the last barrier, and gently kissed him, closing my eyes.

Gavin was shocked when Nines kissed him. He never expected the android to like him. He was frozen in place, and the android moved and looked at him, smiling slightly, and the android quietly says, "Does that answer your question, Detective Reed?"

AN: I know I know 'short and sweet' shush there's gonna be smut either in this next one or the one after