What To Do With An Android

Gavin's car screeched to a halt a few feet away from me. I was starting to shiver from the cold, and Gavin practically ran out of the car and he hugged me instantly. "Oh my god I can't believe this.. what even happened?" He looks at me, and then notices how badly I'm shaking from the cold, and he takes me to his car, helping me inside.

Gavin wondered how Nines somehow shut down, but the android wouldn't say anything about it. So he just helped his boyfriend into the car and closed the door after him. He walked to the other side of the car and got in, and then his phone started to ring.

I looked at Gavin when his phone starts to ring, and he pulls it out of his pocket, looking at who's calling him. He pales slightly when he reads either the name or the number, and hesitantly answers it. "Hello, this is detective Reed." I can't hear the voice on the other end but Gavin tenses and starts putting the car into motion.

Gavin didn't know how to respond to the new CEO, well, new ex-CEO of CyberLife calling him about seeing an android get into a car much like his, and he panicked a little. "That's weird. I can investigate it tomorrow morning." He was about to move the phone so he could hang up but the voice said, "I don't think you understand the danger of the situation. If a version of an RK900 model has deviated, and is with a human, the results could be catastrophic." Gavin hesitates, then says, "Look, I have to go, I'll investigate it in the morning, I swear." He hangs up the phone without any second thoughts.

I watch the road as we drive out of the CyberLife parking lot, still shaking, and then Gavin grabs one of my hands, making me flinch slightly. I hold his hand slightly, trying to keep myself from shaking, but it doesn't work very well.

Gavin doesn't know what to do. He would go to Hank and Connor, but odds are that they wouldn't want to keep him and his boyfriend with them due to an increased chance of all of them being caught. All he knows is that they need to get away from Detroit as fast as they can. Even if they get caught in the crossfire.

I watch as Gavin pulls his car into the long street outside his apartment building, parking next to the sidewalk, leaving the car running. He gets out and I follow suit, making sure to be careful of where I walk, some of my balance systems missing. Gavin is gathering his things when I get into his apartment. I see the body of my previous self, and a strong wave of nausea hits me, making me lean against the door frame.

Gavin glances at his android, and then takes a proper look at him, and goes over to his boyfriend, making him look into his eyes, and he says, "Nines I know this is probably very hard for you to handle right after having to get back here in a different... body, I guess, but I need you to focus, okay?"

I nod weakly, pushing myself off the doorway, going over to the other version of myself, and after a little bit, I'm wearing the clothes I had on, and I grab my coat, putting it on, and start installing the systems I'm missing, using parts from the other version of myself.

Gavin puts the last of his stuff into his car when he heard sirens approaching, and he look as Nines walked out of the apartment building, looking mildly confused. "Nines get in the fucking car!" He yells as three police cars turn the corner onto the street.