Katakuri x OC

Ch.1:

It was the era of Big Mom. Her reign of terror spread across land and sea. Many who opposed Big Mom were immediately executed, even the Straw Hats stood no chance against her.

My island was now under the rule of Big Mom. In return for her "protection," we were to satisfy her cravings for sweets. Most of the islands money went to building 1,000 chocolate factories as we feared we'd be killed by Big Mom. A once prosperous island became poverty stricken.

As a young girl I was told that the number one rule on the island was to never oppose Big Mom. But as I read about the Straw Hats in the newspaper, their victories against anyone they fought and their declaration to defeat Big Mom gave me hope that one day my island would be free from Big Mom's rule.

Unlike the people of my island who lived their lives in fear, I chose to train in hopes that one day I could join the Straw Hats and fight with them against Big Mom. My training required me to run the mountains that protected my island and swim against the rapid ocean currents surrounding the island. Every day, I would increase the weight of the rocks I could carry and throw to intensify my training.

My parents and the other islanders tried to stop me, saying my training was a futile effort, that no one could beat Big Mom. But no matter what they said, I didn't listen, because I believed the Straw Hats would be the ones to defeat Big Mom.

To put my training to the test I set out to sea for 2 years. Fighting pirates with high bounties and gaining the trust of the marines. I established myself as Iris the Reaper.

My life appeared to be bright, until one fateful day. As I was out in the town of Dressrosa, the newspaper came in reporting the Straw Hats were defeated by Big Mom and have fled, along with that my island had been destroyed by Big Mom's rage. It stated, " Island protected by Big Mom destroyed as the island did not produce enough sweets to satisfy her." My heart sank as my hopes to beat Big Mom vanished. The Straw Hats defeated? My island destroyed? I couldn't bare the sorrow. I ran through the streets, wailing in tears until I got back to
my hotel room. I thought "How could this happen?" "All my life I've trained to defeat Big Mom, but what am I supposed to do now? I have no family and no home to protect anymore." It took me days to recover. I sucked up my tears because I knew I couldn't do anything if I continued to mope. I decided if I can't depend on the Straw Hats to kill Big Mom, I'll have to kill her myself. I'll get revenge for everyone who's suffered under the rule of Big Mom. So I set sail from Dressrosa and headed to Whole Cake Island to join Big Mom's crew. I knew the only way to kill her was if I could gain her trust.