Study Tips by: Mark Andrew Gosiengfiao

STUDY TIPS by: Mark Andrew Gosiengfiao

So hey there everyone. *clears throat* Well actually, I'm not into greeting someone before talking but since Miss M kept on bugging me about manners, manners, manners then I'll just do it.

She kept on bugging us to give you Study Tips to make you ace in your quizzes, exams and such and since the other three members of Apollo and that stupid girl Suzanne were not informed about this stuff so I'll just do the task first.

Well, honestly, I'm not really into studying until my eyebrows got burned into ashes and staying up all night to do such because I already have the IQ of 200 but for your sake, I'll just give you an advice.

Did you know that you can't really focus on your studying or in reviewing notes because your brain can't have its focus that's why you always got distracted? (especially when you're with your gadgets)

And did you know that the easiest, most efficient way of regaining your brain's focus is not just eating chocolates and peanuts but listening to classical music? Yes, classical music during the time of Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johann Christian Bach, Johannes Brahams,  Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Frédéric Chopin, Antonio Vivaldi, Franz Schubert----you name it.

Classical Music helps the brain's development by the use of Mozart's music. It is called the "Mozart Effect". 

The term "Mozart Effect" was first coined in 1991 by Alfred Tomatis, who used Mozart's music as the listening stimulus in his work attempting to cure a variety of disorders. The approach has since then been popularized in Don Campbell's book, "The Mozart Effect", which is based on an experiment suggesting that listening to Mozart temporarily boosted scores on one portion of the IQ test. Hence the idea that "listening to Mozart makes you smarter" and that if children or even babies listen to Mozart they will become more intelligent. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756–1791) was a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era. Born in Salzburg, he showed prodigious ability from his earliest childhood. Already competent on keyboard and violin, he composed from the age of five and performed before European royalty. At 17, Mozart was engaged as a musician at the Salzburg court, but grew restless and traveled in search of a better position. While visiting Vienna in 1781, he was dismissed from his Salzburg position. He chose to stay in the capital, where he achieved fame but little financial security. During his final years in Vienna, he composed many of his best-known symphonies, concertos, operas, and portions of the Requiem, which was largely unfinished at the time of his death. He wrote more than 600 works, many acknowledged as pinnacles of symphonic, concertante, chamber, operatic, and choral music. He is among the most enduringly popular of classical composers, and his influence is profound on subsequent Western art music. Ludwig van Beethoven composed his own early works in the shadow of Mozart, and Joseph Haydn wrote: "Posterity will not see such a talent again in 100 years".

Plus, listening to Classical Music while studying or reviewing for your quizzes and exam can help not just your brain to focus but to help you relaxed as well.

I highly recommend you to listen to these musical pieces by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart while studying. 

  01 Ascanio in Alba, K. 111: Ouverture 

 02 Lucio Silla, K. 135: Ouverture 

I. Molto allegro 

 II. Andante 

 III. Molto allegro 

 03 Eine Kleine Nachtmusik in G Major, K. 525 

I. Allegro 

 II. Romanza. Andante 

 III. Minuetto. Allegretto 

 IV. Rondò. Allegro 

 04 Flute Concerto No. 2 in D Major, K. 314 

I. Allegro aperto 

 II. Adagio non troppo 

 III. Rondo. Allegretto 

 05 La Finta Giardiniera ("The Pretend Garden-Girl"), K. 196: Ouverture 

 06 Symphony No. 36 in C Major, K. 425 "Linz" 

 II. Andante con moto 

 III. Menuetto 07 Symphony No. 41 in C Major, K. 551 "Jupiter" 

II. Andante cantabile 

 IV. Molto Allegro 08 Flute Concerto No. 1 in G Major, K. 313 

I. Allegro maestoso 

 II. Adagio - Allegro ma non troppo 

 III. Rondò – Minuetto 09 Bastien und Bastienne, K. 50: Ouverture 

 10 Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550: 

I. Molto allegro 11 Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major, K. 467 

I. Allegro maestoso 

 II. Andante   

I hope I helped you with your study habits by giving you this tip. Study hard and aim for the best!

- Mark Andrew Gosiengfiao