LA ORIAN ACADEMY: School of the Prodigies Christmas and New Year's Day Special

LA ORIAN ACADEMY: School of the Prodigies Christmas and New Year's Day Special || Underneath the Christmas Tree

Grinning as he went down from his room, little Dwayne (aged 8) went down to greet his mom and dad. 

"Mom, dad!" tuwang-tuwa si Dwayne nung mayakap na n'ya ang kanyang mga magulang.

"Hey there, baby," bati rin ng kanyang mommy sabay tapik sa kanyang ulo.

"I made something for you," agad pinakita ni Dwayne ang kanyang ginawang pop-up card para sa kanila—ang pop-up card na iyon ay s'ya, ang kanyang mommy at daddy at isang Christmas tree na ginuhit n'ya. "Merry Christmas!"

His mom smiled at him but she never said anything in return while his dad remained silent and serious beside her.

"You shouldn't waste your skills in doing such rubbish things, Anton," wika ng kanyang ama.

"Instead of doing that 'artwork', you should study to be the rightful heir for our family's company. Everyone is expecting from you," agad n'yang kinuha ang card mula sa kamay ni Dwayne at parang wala lang n'yang itinapon sa tabi. Napayuko na lamang si Dwayne dahil doon.

"Hon, he's still a kid. Let him be," ani kanyang ina sabay hawak sa braso ng kanyang ama.

"He should know the sense of responsibility and stop fooling around at the young age. It's his training to be a competent successor," wika ng kanyang ama. "I'm tired," agad na itong umakyat sa second floor ng kanilang mansyon.

Lumuhod ang ina ni Dwayne sa kanyang harap at hinaplos ang kanyang pisngi. "I'm sorry about that, baby," agad n'yang kinuha ang kanyang wallet at dumukot ng ten thousand pesos mula roon at binigay sa bata. "Here. Buy all you want, okay? I'll call Mario to escort you to the mall. Smile now."

Kahit hindi n'ya gustong gawin, pinilit na lamang ni Dwayne na ngumiti. "Merry Christmas, mom..."

"Merry Christmas. I love you, son," tugon ng kanyang ina at hinagkan s'ya nito sa noo bago ito sumunod sa kanyang ama paakyat ng second floor.

No, you don't. You never love me at all. Because if you love me, you will not cheat with each other.

Dwayne's eyesight blurred as his tears start to pool on his eyes. Without a second thought, he dropped the money his mom gave to him on the floor and went out of their mansion.

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

Little Clyde (aged 8) is smiling widely at his parents who already went down from their room. He clapped excitedly as the butlers and maids smiled as they popped the mini confetti and party poppers they're holding. "Mom, dad, Merry Christmas!" isang matamis at malapad na ngiti ang iginawad ni Clyde sa kanila.