Chapter Five: Caught In The Middle Of A Bad Picture

When I woke up, I was lying in my bed. Well not my bed, the one in the room Italy let me borrow. I sat up to see that there was still a couple of daylight hours left. The small lamp in the room was on was on and someone sat in the corner chair reading a book. It was Germany. He looked up from his reading noticing that I was awake.

"I hope you had a good sleep." He smirked.

"Really Germany?" I asked. "Are you really trying to pull that off?"

"Vhat?" He questioned innocently. "Vhat did I do?" I sighed

"Nevermind." I said as I pushed the covers asside and turned my legs so they hung over the side of the bed. My feet were bare, no combat boots covering them. Someone must have taken them off, I thought, Germany maybe. I pushed the thought aside and walked over to a vanity. "Say, Germany, what are you doing in here?" I ask.

"Making sure you got some sleep before ve had our rematch." He smirked. My eyes widened.

"Rematch!" I cried. "Heavens no." Germany stood from the chair. He wasn't wearing his normal green Waffen-SS officer's uniform with a Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on the collar, but instead he wore a white tee on brown crew khaki pants. Around his neck, he wore a cross necklace, that kinda made him look cute. Just thinking about that made me blush a little and so I turned my face so that Germany couldn't see the redness of my cheeks in the mirror. Unfortunately he came closer to me, and closer. Even when I looked down at my feet to make sure Germany couldn't see it if he tried to turn me towards him, I still felt uneasy.

"Vhat's vrong?" He asked kindly, which was odd. I felt his warm breath on the back of my neck making the hairs tingle and a warm sensation wash over me. But my blush deepened. I could feel my heart beating in my head, he was so close to me. Think ____ THINK! I told myself with frustration.

"Nothing," I lied quietly. He let his chin rest on my left shoulder and whispered into my ear.

"Zhen vhy are you blushing?" I almost jumped at the sound of his voice saying those words but instead raised my head up, to look into the mirror. I saw a grin grow on his face.

"Just as I zhought," he teased. By reflex, my hand swung up to slap him. When I did, he quickly moved his head back and caught my hand right before it hit his face. Out of frustration, I swung my other hand which he also grabbed.

"So you vant our rematch now?" He asked playfully. This angered me. I was too weak to release myself from his grip, so I struggled to get out. He forcefully used my arms to push me against the wall. Then he brought his face closer to my ear and whispered. "I vonder vhat's going on in that little mind of yours zhat's making you blush so deeply." I used all my strength twist my left leg and then attempt to jab it in his side, but he sees my plan and lets go of my left arm so he can grab my leg. I sighed.

"I give up." I surrendered. He let go and backed away from me to examine. Then he looked at my face.

"So vhat vhere you blushing about?" He asked curiously. I turned to the door to leave so I wouldn't have to answer.

"Nothing," I lied before exiting the room and roaming downstairs through the dining hall into the kitchen. When I walked in and noticed Italy singing in front of the stove while mixing something in a pot

"Draw a circle, that's earth. Draw a circle, that's earth. Draw a circle, that's earth. And I'm--"

"Hey Italy," I called interrupting his lovely singing. The boy with sunburnt orange hair turned to look at me, his curl bouncing as he did. He was wearing an apron over his blue officer uniform and was busy cooking something in a pot on the stove of the kitchen. Most likely pasta, I thought. I came closer to him.

"Your singing is lovely," I complimented him.

"Thanks," He responded. I looked into the pot.

"So, what'cha cookin'?" I asked. I already knew it was pasta, I was just asking to be polite.

"Pasta~!" Italy beamed.

"Smells good." I complimented. He looked at me and smiled.

"I know right." He agreed. I looked into his adorable face and smiled back. He blushed. WAIT A SECOND, ITALY BLUSHED! I couldn't help screaming in my head. I was so taken aback, that I didn't realize when the dictator of the house walked in.

"Hey Italy, do you mind cleaning your mess up, it gets very--" Germany stood in awe looking at me and Italy. It wasn't until then that I realized how close our faces were to each other. And it didn't help that Italy was blushing wildly. Any person in there suspicious mind would have thought.......OMG! Would have thought me.....and Italy.........and Italy.......that we.....URGGGGGG! And the worst part is, I was so shocked by him walking in that I back away quickly and began blushing awkwardly.

"Um.....hi....uh Germany." I greeted awkwardly. My blush was still resident on my face as well as Italy's.

"Germany!" Italy beamed happily, he had stopped blushing and greeted his friend before resuming his cooking. Which ment Germany's eyes fell on me, and locked there. Darn, I sighed. Germany grinned slightly.

"Vow, you and Italy," Germany teased. "I didn't see zhat one, I vould have zhought you'd go for Japan." My blush just got darker and darker.

"What the--we're just--!" I stumbled over my words  in a loud roar. Germany smirked.

"Vhatever," Germany teased. And then he exited the kitchen. I sighed. Why did that just happened?