Changed

The next morning, Brooke woke up to an empty bed. She then stretched her arms and swung her legs across the bed to readjust herself. Erik walked into the room with a grocery store bag and took out a OneStep morning after pill and a water bottle.

"Take this it'll prevent an unwanted pregnancy 'cause I came inside you last night." He said coldly.

Brooke looked at the pill box that was in her hands and carefully read the instructions. She then opened the small package and took the pill and washed it down with water.

I then got up to throw the empty bottle and box away. My legs were still sore from last night as I struggled to make it to the bathroom. Erik sighed in relief and cut the TV on to ESPN while I was in the bathroom.

Once I was in the bathroom I could finally see last night's aftermath across my body. There were small hickeys across my neck and chest. I placed my hands on my stomach as if I could still feel his length inside of me. After showering and lathering my body with African Shae Butter I then walked into the bedroom and pulled out my clothes for today. I put on a pair of dark skinny jeans over my matching cream colored lace underwear set and put on a Cosby sweater.

Once I was done, I then unplugged my cellphone to respond to any text messages that I received last night while I was asleep.

"We've got to talk about what happened last night." Erik turned down the volume on the TV and turned so that he could face me.

"What is there to talk about? It was just sex and we were both high so it meant nothing." I shrugged, lying to myself knowing that I wanted something more.

Erik nodded his head and crossed his arms in front of him. "You a down ass bitch you know that? Most females would try to come up with an excuse or reasons as to why we should be together. No strings attached right?"

"No strings attached." I quietly said. "I mean you said it yourself that you don't want a relationship you said 'I don't do relationships those aren't my thing' there's no point in getting attached anyway we're just friends who fuck."

"And you're right so don't get upset if you see me with another girl on campus i know how you females get."

Brooke ignored his last statement and tried to push away any feelings that she had for him. She could smell fresh eggs and bacon cooking in the kitchen which let her know that her mom was now up and preparing brunch. She excused herself and made her way to the kitchen to greet her mother good morning. Brooke sat on a barstool while she watched her mother cook.

Her mom kept giving her weird smiles while she continued to make enough food for the three of them. "You two made quite a ruckus last night and I can see he marked his territory." She gestured towards her neck and chuckled to herself.

Suddenly embarrassed, Brooke's eyes widened at the fact that her mom could hear her and Erik having sex last night.

"Mom! I'm so sorry I didn't realize we were being so loud."

"It's okay as much as I hate to admit it you're a grown adult now, just please tell me you used a condom."

Brooke put her glass of orange juice to her lips while mumbling and nodded yes, knowing she was lying.

"So, does that mean that you two are working towards a relationship?" She questioned.

"I don't think so, we're just friends and guys like Erik, only want one thing and he's already got that."

Erik turned down the volume to listen to Brooke's conversation with her mom.

"I've had a crush on him since the day that I met him and we've already come to an agreement that it's just sex. Even though I want it to be more I know my place." Brooke shrugged.

"Thats a shame I know you two both like each other you two are just dumbasses to admit it. He says that he doesn't want a relationship but who goes out of state with someone to meet their family and spend time with them if he wants to be 'just friends'. I can't interfere with your relationship with him but it looks to me that he likes you too. He's just afraid to admit it."

"I'm fine with the way things are now ma' and Erik chose to come because he doesn't have any family it's just him, let's just drop it please."

"Okay, I won't ask anymore questions about you two since you've got this under control."

———

Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months, and ever since their first sexual encounter together, Erik turned her out.  She was no longer the same.  All of her innocence that she once knew flew out the door.  She knew what it meant to be with him just for sex and she tried to convince him sometimes how she felt and he'd constantly reminded her that she knew what it was from the jump.  No strings attached is what they lived by.

Brooke noticed changes in him, he began to focus less on school and something else that was on his mind.   He would sneak away for a couple of days and come back and act like nothing ever happened.  Tonight, he was back for the first time in what felt like a week and he was fucking her senselessly.  She noticed a few more fresh keloid scars that had completely healed, since their last encounter.  He pushed her back into the sheets as he continued to pound into her until he got his release, they both collectively moaned together while he slowly grinned out his orgasm.

Erik watched her body convulse underneath him as she was still on a high from a powerful orgasm she just experienced.  He slid out of her and walked into the bathroom to pee and take a shower.  After getting herself together and slipping on one of his oversized hoodies that looked like a dress on her, she heard his phone vibrate on the table and looked at it to see the text.

Giselle
What time are you coming over?

She didn't know what to feel about him seeing other women but at this point she was used to it.  He made it clear that he didn't want to be with her which gave her the option to date and meet other men but there was an indescribable pull that he had on her.  The water stopped and Erik soon walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.  He sat down on the bed next to her and proceeded to lather his body. 

As he was getting dressed, he could feel Brooke staring at him, and smirked.  "You should take a picture, it'll last longer."

She shook her head and blinked her eyes a few times trying to make it look as if she weren't staring at him.

"Would you be upset if I started seeing other guys?" She broke the silence between them. 

He looked up at her in the mirror that was in front of him and was caught off guard by his question.

"You can fuck whoever the fuck you want, I don't fucking care.  You knew what it was since day one it's just sex." He lied to himself, knowing that he wanted more.

Brooke shrunk, feeling small after his response she quietly nodded. 

"I know you may not have feelings for me or even see me as a friend anymore...but I still cared about your response.  I think we should cut things off.  You have other women that I'm sure you fuck behind my back you'll be fine."

He put on a black t shirt over his head and pulled on his grey sweatpants that showed off his well endowed member.

"Okay." He shrugged.

"Okay?" Brooke repeated.

"Brooke what the fuck do you want me to say? Hu? That I fucking want to be with you? Is that what you're looking for cause you're not going to get it."

She rolled her eyes and mentally cursed herself out for having these feelings for him.  "I knew what it was since the day I decided to sleep with you Erik! But for some reason I was always hoping that you know, maybe somehow that you'd end up falling in love with me." He looked at her as if she was crazy.  "I know, it sounds crazy doesn't it? But I've grown attached to you and I hate that I'll never know the feeling of what it's like to be loved by you." She wiped the corners of her eyes.  "You're incapable of loving anyone and it's not like you're open to receiving help, because Bast knows I've tried.  You're going to die alone Erik if you keep this up, and whatever lucky woman you end up with I hope you never treat her as coldly as you do me." Brooke grabbed her things after she changed into her own clothes before walking out of his apartment.