Morph

The rain rhythmically hitting the window awakened Brooke the following morning.  A crack of thunder startled her as she realized she was in the midst of a thunderstorm.  She yawns rubbing her eyes to look at the alarm clock that was on Erik's side of the bed, resting on the nightstand.  The red fluorescent light on the digital clock read 9:15am. Erik was nowhere to be found. She turned her head scanning the empty master bedroom and winced in pain from her pounding headache she seemed to get every time she cried herself to sleep. Then it all came back to her, the one person she thought she loved betrayed her just like every other person in her life except for her mother. Her heart ached, but she knew she couldn't be in pain too long because it was only a set back. If Erik wanted to play this game with her then that was fine, two can play at that game.

Just as she stopped feeling sorry for herself, Erik could be heard downstairs unlocking the door and shuffled his way inside. Brooke then pulls the covers back and walks into the bathroom to freshen up and take a shower.  Once she was done, she steps out of the bathroom with her towel wrapped around her upper body with a full face of make up, which was completed after her shower, and walked into her side of the closet to pick out her outfit for the day.  When she was finished, she decided on a pair of blue distressed skinny jeans, a graphic tee that read 'Purple Rain' with prince's album cover on it, and paired her look with matching purple socks for now until she'd go out later. 

After exiting the closet she flips the light off and stood in front of the mirror and smiled lightly at her naturally beat face for today and nodded at herself in approval.  If Erik thought that their relationship was a joke then that was fine, she was going to make this man's life a living hell.  She smirked evilly as she applied her clear shimmering lip gloss to moisturize her lips and smacked her lips together once she was done.  She then screwed the cap on shut and smiled at herself, mentally giving herself a pep talk like Issa Rae did in insecure, before walking back downstairs to join Erik in the kitchen. 

"Morning sleepy head." Erik said with his back facing her, scrambling some eggs in a frying pan.

"Morning," She sighs, walking over to the fridge to get out the orange juice. "And It's only 10am." She adds. 

"Early bird catches the worm." He shrugs, flipping the bacon around in another pan while she got acquainted by the kitchen island. 

"Your passports are here, identification, and everything that you need are in that manilla folder.  I just got them this morning for you.  You're welcome," He thanked himself as he finished making breakfast.

"Eat up, your training starts in two hours." He says, eying his food that was almost done in the pan, and took out the plates to plate the food.

Once she saw the manila folder in front of her, Brooke placed her glass of orange juice down and hastily opens the manilla folder to see her new means of identification for when they'd go on missions. She first flips through her new passport and looked at her passport photo and nodded in approval at her picture.  Nearby her name, she read that her new name was Daniella Stevens and slammed her passport down on the countertop confused as to why she shared his last name.

"Are you fucking with me?!" Brooke yelled, holding up her passport while Erik chuckled at her knowing why she was upset. 

"What?" He smirked playing coy, picking up a piece of bacon and biting into it.

"You know, exactly what I'm talking about Stevens." Brooke got up out of the stool and watched him turn off the stove.  He then proceeded to evenly distribute their food on the plates.  After he was done, he leaned up against the counter folding his arms across his chest playing coy to what he did.