After The Date...

POSEIDON'S POV

  I guess a little singing helps when you're annoyed.

  That date was a really stupid idea. So was playing truth or dare. Okay, maybe I had fun watching the others embarrass themselves, but now they're making me date that... owl face. Yeah, I'm as hopeless at nicknames as my son. 'Bucket of nose drool?" That was impressive of Percy.

  Despacito is my favourite song forever. Those beats were like heaven, and I personally think that Luis Fonsi guy sings better than Apollo. (Don't tell Golden Boy!)

  When Athena joined the dancing while I was singing, I was really astonished. I thought she would suck at dancing, being a complete bookworm, but she's actually pretty good at it. The argument, though, was annoying. Why do the mortals love staring? Is it their natural habit or something?

  Hermes asked me how the date went. "Terrible," I managed to grumble before I shooed him away. He probably got the hint that Water Boy was not in the mood. Also, Hermes was probably watching us from Mount Olympus anyway. Why did he even bother to ask?

  Another 'because we're bored' gathering. Yeah, the Olympians have a lot of those. Probably because nothing was really going on in the mortal world yet. The only fun thing to watch is Capture the Flag every Friday in Camp Half-Blood. My son's team always wins. I don't understand why Athena always said, "I do not approve of your relationship with my daughter," to him. It's like becoming her motto or something.

(A/N: Lol. Imagine a T-shirt with a designed Athena crest and everything and at the bottom says the motto: 'I do not approve of your relationship with my daughter.' I have to make a photo of something like this someday. Hopefully I won't be too lazy to... zzzzzzzzzzz)

  Zeus started the gathering as usual with a sentence. "So! We're bored. Again." The others murmured in agreement. "And we are definitely not playing that FRIENDLY game of truth or dare again."

  "Yes we are!" Apollo shouted. "I dare Artemis-"

  "If we're doing that stupid thing again, I'm not in. Shut up, Apollo!" Artemis snapped. Poor Apollo. Hera said the same thing to him yesterday. I wonder how it feels like to always have someone shouting, "Shut up, Poseidon!" to me.

  My wish of that was granted.

  Aphrodite turned to me. "I watched the date yesterday. It wasn't enough anyway."

  Demeter smirked. "Yeah. We should make them go on another date."

  Athena looked up from her book, her dark hair falling into her eyes. "What?!"

  "That's TORTURE! You try to date your worst enemy every day!" I bellowed.

  "Good idea, Poseidon!" Zeus snorted. "Why don't you two date every day."

  "WHAT?!" Athena and I yelled in unison.

  "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Athena shouted at me.

  "Me? I've done NOTHING! I was trying to stop-"

  "Well too bad. Another fail! They think that stupid date wasn't IMPRESSIVE!"

  "What's impressive, then? WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO?!" I barked at the other Olympians.

  "I've got a wonderful idea." Apollo said. Great. Apollo's wonderful idea is usually...

  "You two go on a date today and touch at least once. Then we'll let you guys go." Yup. Usually unbearable. And it really is.

  "No. I am not touching Fishie Face!" Dang, why is Athena always so good at nicknames?

  "Okay then. You two don't only touch once, you two have to hug." Hermes suggested. His smirk was annoying to look at.

  "HUG?! THAT'S EVEN WORSE!" I shouted.

  "Yup! It's an awesome idea." Zeus replied.

  Athena and I death glared at each other and stormed out of the throne room in different exits. The other gods must be laughing behind my back right now. Wish this truth or dare thing never started.

  This date, Athena insisted that she knows a good place to 'have fun'. Turns out it was the most boring place ever - the freaking library.

  "What kind of place to have a date is this?! If you wanna impress them, you gotta bring me to a better place! What's the point of them watching when this is a library?" I snapped at her.

  "Shush, Poseidon, this is a library!" Athena hushed, and curled up in a couch. Then she started reading a book. I never understood why she always seemed to have a book in hand. 

  "Ugh!" I marched straight towards the lift, and entered one.

  I studied the buttons. All of the floors seem to have books in them, so I hit the highest number I found: 10.

  The lift went all the way up until it reached the top. The doors opened and I gasped.

  This floor had books too, and couches, and everything. The only thing it didn't have that every other floor did is the ceiling.

  The bright evening sky was exposed to the readers who sit in this floor. I never enjoyed watching the sunset, since I knew that it was just one of Apollo's... how do you call that? Well, it was only part of Apollo driving a chariot to get that sun up there. I've never really studied the sun before.

  I used to wonder why the mortals never say that my sea floor is beautiful when they go diving, but seem to go in heaven when they gaze at the sunset. I still don't think this view is better than what I have in the sea, but I understood why the mortals enjoyed this thirty minutes of time when the whole sky glowed orange. It was the first time I liked looking at Zeus' domain.

  "Ding!" I turned around. Athena was stumbling out of the lift, and when she saw me, her mouth dropped open.

  "Poseidon?! What are you doing here?" She demanded.

  I rolled my eyes. "I thought this floor is open to everyone, even me?"

  "No, I mean... you weren't reading, were you?"

  "I'd never read! I was just admiring the maybe kinda good view of the sunset...?" I replied. For once, Athena's voice didn't make me mad, it filled me with something strange that I've never felt before.

  She still had a book in hand. As expected. She walked up next to me, which surprised me. Before, Being a meter close to me would literally kill her. Now she's standing right next to me, 12 inches close, and she did it on purpose.

  "It is pretty good, Poseidon, you have to admit. Better than your stupid fishies."

  I wanted to fight back, but I thought about all the arguments we had in the past days. We gazed at the sun, in a way I've never done before.