We Finally Fall Through The Sky

POSEIDON'S POV

"Well?" I asked Athena anxiously. "Is it going okay?"

She flipped a switch that said 'Autopilot on/off'. The plane immediately started sinking like the Titanic, but a little slower. (Why did it feel like I'd been on the Titanic before?) "Not really...I'm not sure if I can-"

She gasped all of a sudden as she touched the steering wheel. The plane still tilted to the left, but she managed to get it flying properly. I sat in the co-pilot's seat and questioned her with wide eyes, "Whoa, how'd you do that?"

"I don't know...I'm supposed to be the goddess of wisdom and such, but somehow it feels like I've flown a plane before. Maybe my dad gave me flying classes?" She looked up for a second and grumbled, "Well, if so, thanks, Dad! Thanks for giving your beloved daughter nothing but a stupid plane and a so-called loyal crew! Thanks!"

"C'mon..." I scratched my head, slightly fearful. I didn't see the good side of insulting the god of the sky when we were flying in the sky. "At least he gave us a plane. Without it, we can't head towards the Sea of Monsters at all."

Athena didn't answer. Nor did she look like she was in the mood of talking to me. "Er...I'm gonna go and check on the Fleece." Leaving the room, I mentally wished Athena good luck.

------------

Athena looked completely exhausted when I returned...after escaping from Athena for 4 hours. "The Fleece is fine...it's in the supplies room, or whatever we should call it." I stepped forward, concerned. "Hey, you okay? We've still got another 4 hours-"

"4 WHOLE HOURS?!" Athena suddenly looked up, her long, dark hair framing her face. "No. No, Fish, I can't stand another 4 hours."

Since when did I become Fish now? I shrugged and replied, "Well, I might not do well as the god of the sea-"

"I don't care. Get your butt over here. I'll stay in the co-pilot's seat." She climbed into my original seat, leaving the controls unmanned.

I gulped as I sat down and stared at the unfamiliar buttons, switches, and that strange monitor I didn't know how to use whatsoever. (A/N: This makes me think of catsoever...nevermind pay attention to the story.) The plane started sinking again and giving me lurches in the stomach.

"Ugh!" Athena grabbed my hands and put them on the steering wheel. She didn't retrieve them after that - her hands stayed on the back of mine, guiding me to properly use the steering wheel while she tried her best to explain all the controls. I did listen to most of them, but I kept getting distracted by her hands - why did it feel like something was tingling in mine as she touched them and how was I delusional enough to see some sort of spark in between?

Soon enough, I sort of understood how to fly the plane. My brain felt all tangled up again. Then I saw a sunset ahead of us even through the stubbornly tinted windows. Taking a secret glance at Athena, I realised that she had fallen asleep with her hand on the edge of the back of her seat, inches from dropping onto my shoulder. I let it stay there. Gazing up, I wondered if at some point of my lost life if I had gazed upon the same sunset, stood close to someone else and felt something I've never felt before...

Pssh, you romantic sea god. Get back to work.

I chuckled at the thought and stole one last glance at Athena. Alright, no more distractions from now on.

-------------

  I nudged Athena. Her head didn't end up on my shoulder, which gave me a sigh of relief but also slight disappointment...I wonder why.

  She was a light sleeper - she didn't need me to nudge twice. "Wait what is it? What happened?" She looked around and gasped in shock. "Poseidon, we're leaning to the left so much! Oh, gods..." she scanned the controls that neither of us could figure out, but of course, the Athena I know went for the safer choice - to keep her hands away.

  I didn't notice the leaning our plane was doing and steered right, but that only solved the issue slightly. The plane was still severely tilting towards the left and there was a huge chance that we would fall through the sky.

  CRACK!

  "Oh. My. Gods." Athena ran out of the control room and leaned into the tinted windows, struggling to see. "Fish, I think...I think the left wing just broke."

  "WHAT?!" I almost stood up went towards her, leaving the controls to themselves. But I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference now since the plane was falling through the sky, leaning more and more towards the left.

  I ran towards Athena. A sudden jerk made us fall back and we grabbed the exact same spot on the exact same seat to steady ourselves - which basically meant that my hand went on top of hers. (Don't ask! I have slow reflexes, okay?)

  We both pulled our hands back. "S-sorry," At the same time, we took them away.

  "Alright, we need to look for parachutes. Do it for a safe landing." Athena instructed, red in the face.

  I looked out of the window. "Athena, the plane looks like it's about to drop on my ship."

  Then it was her turn.

  "WHAT?!" She squinted and bit her lip. "Great. I guess we can only hope the ship doesn't break, then."

  We looked everywhere for parachutes. The plane wasn't falling quick but the increasing speed made me queasy and tired. "Athena, there are no parachutes."

  "What are we supposed to do? Just jump down there?! That'd kill us!"

  "Ye-ah?" I scratched my head. "Let's go for the water. I might have a chance of controlling it."

  She looked me in the eye and for a second I felt like I was going to pass out...but somehow in a good way. "You are absolutely nuts, Poseidon."

  For some stupid reason, I grinned. "I appreciate the compliment. C'mon." Taking her hand, I opened the closest emergency door...and we tumbled down what seemed like 1,000,000 feet down.

(A/N: Hey. I'm not sure if I should keep going with this story because it felt kind of endless. If you want to take the plot and keep writing you can comment down below, but if I don't get that kind of comment before Saturday I'll keep writing I guess. This is open until someone really wants to keep writing this story because honestly, my motivation ran out and I don't want to keep procrastinating. I won't stop yet but we'll see how this goes. Thanks for reading this book and understanding.)