We Push Zeus' Minions Off Our Dangerous Flight

Two of the Aurai picked up our weapons while the rest guarded us with their intimidating eyes and scary glowing hands.

  That was when the small pen top poking out of the uniform pocket of the lady with Poseidon's weapon disappeared.

  I was about to gently nudge Poseidon, but it wasn't necessary. The guy already had his mouth hanging open as he felt for his jeans pocket - where the pen was, waiting for him to use.

  He looked at me and I shook my head lightly. We couldn't risk getting our only weapon left taken by one of them, and sadly mine didn't have this ability. The necklace lied on my neck with an empty pendant while the woman with my spear was twisting it with the tip on the ground, her expression smug.

  I would pay a fortune just to punch that face...but turns out I didn't have to.

  An unstoppable gust of wind blew against us again, almost lifting us up. These Aurai were getting the hang of it - they were definitely going to lift us up in the next round.

  Poseidon looked at me urgently with his eyebrows creased. I gave a slight nod, and mouthed, now.

  The idiot charged.

  He tackled the smug lady with me following close behind. Smirking back at her absolutely horrified expression, I grabbed the back of Poseidon's shirt and pulled myself forward, aiming a hard punch at her face. SMACK! That was probably the best sound that had ever occurred to my ears.

  "BACKUP!" The Aurae who had Poseidon's pen/trident called out loud. "Pilots! Put the plane on autopilot and get over here!"

  "But it's not safe! It's on testi-"

  "GET OVER HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR LIFE!"

  Poseidon took my spear and stabbed its bandit's hand. She passed out, but she was going to make it. I grinned, surprised to see him not as bloodthirsty as I expected him to be.

  I narrowed my eyes as I saw Poseidon's fist ready to pump into the air and slapped it back down. "Fishie Face! We're clearly outnumbered. We need a plan. And if we don't get one now, the next gust of wind would come and it wouldn't be as friendly as the first!" I hissed, just loud enough for Poseidon to hear. I was surprised but felt triumphant for the sudden nickname that slipped out of my mouth.

  He merely rolled his eyes and stepped back, motioning me to follow him. I backed up as he whispered back with a hint of annoyance, "Well, then, Owl Head, what do you have in mind?"

  I raised an eyebrow but didn't reply. Constructing a plan in my head, I looked around in our setting...and in horror, I realised that the Aurai had already started storing energy for their second blow, which was undoubtedly going to be stronger and had quite a chance of knocking us out (in a bad way) or even taking our lives.

  Eventually, I looked back at Poseidon. "I've got a plan. Risky, but we'll have to take the chance. Can you spin your trident in a vertical circular motion?"

  "You speak like a Physics professor."

  "Time is limited! This isn't a joke!" I snapped with an urgent glance at the furious Aurai, stomping my foot on the ground hard.

  "Okay! Fine! I can...I've practised it a-"

  "Good," I explained the plan as fast as I could even though I knew that there was a good chance he didn't understand a single word I said. Time for phase one.

  I crept towards the emergency door on the left, which was right behind the Aurai, and pulled it open. For some unknown reason, our enemies couldn't move as they stored energy, so I used that to our advantages.

  I made it just in time. As I hurried back so fast I slammed face-first into Poseidon (and no, we didn't accidentally kiss because this isn't some lame cliché teen fic), the Aurai raised their hands and prepared their strongest blast.

  "IT'S NOW OR NEVER!" I screamed on the top of my lungs as the strong sound of the wind blocked out most noise. Grabbing Poseidon by the arm and stumbling towards the right, I let them change their mind just in time and direct their gust towards us.

  Oho no no no, they just made a big mistake.

  As their wind slapped against us, we held our weapons up high and turned them in the vertical circular motion I mentioned earlier. It created a wall sort of thing and blocked the wind, hurling it straight back at them.

  Oh, and guess what? One by one, they tumbled out like dominos. As they could fly, I rushed forward and slammed the door for good measure. The last Aurae even took their unconscious teammate with them. Poor things, they didn't even get a moment to say goodbye.

  Poseidon turned to me. "Now can I have a small celebration?"

  I was about to say 'yes' as I wanted him out of my sight but then it hit me. Autopilot mode was on testing - it wasn't safe. We would be the ones tumbling through the sky next if we didn't man the plane quick.

  "No," I replied warily, grabbing his hand and dashing to the control room, "we have a very dangerous flight all to ourselves - autopilot is still on testing and-" I paused and held on to a wall as Poseidon studied me, puzzled. "Is it just me or does the left side seem to be tilting downwards?"

  Poseidon bit his lip and frowned. I tried not to get distracted by that expression, which was strangely satisfying to look at. Then he gasped in shock. "You're right! It is tilted to the left!"

I pointed towards the windows. "P, check the windows. NOW."

Poseidon went to run the urgent errand and stumbled back, frustrated. "THE FRIGGIN WINDOWS ARE TINTED AND I CAN'T EVEN SEE A THING!"

I gulped as he showed his inner sea storm - this wasn't going very well.

I grabbed him once again and entered the control room, collapsing into the main pilot's seat and darted my eyes over the controls. "Then we'll just have to find a way to get this under control."

If only getting a major god's plane under control was one of the easier things to do in life.

(A/N: Alright, I am super duper late. It's already Saturday and yeah, I'm lame for leaving you guys like that but I've decided to change the schedule to per Saturday and Sunday. I'm almost done with full day school life so wait one more week and there'll be frequent updates again. Good day or good night!)