I Scare Off A Spa Attendant

ATHENA'S POV

"Lay down and relax, dear," the attendant ordered nicely, pointing at the spa bed. It suddenly looked a lot deadlier than it did before.

I wanted to refuse but I would rather keep a low profile, so I reluctantly climbed onto the bed. The attendant gave me another oversized smile and left. I debated whether I should escape or not - Poseidon could be a guinea pig by now. Or worse. I didn't even want to imagine.

Before I could decide, she was back with a tray of a variety of fruit for facial and body treatments, complete with bottles of strange solution that I couldn't tell what it contained of.

The attendant offered me a glass with a blood red drink inside. "Have a nice strawberry smoothie as I perform our most famous treatment. Don't worry, your boyfriend is exactly where he belongs."

The thought that she was referring to Poseidon made disgust rise up to my chest, but it made me shudder in fear even more. I couldn't imagine what Poseidon was facing. I had to get out of this place and find him. Fast.

What could I possibly do? I looked around at the numerous female customers completely coated in layers of different treatments. My attendant had her back turned towards me as her hands worked on the tray she had in front of her.

"Excuse me," I snapped loudly, forming a plan in my mind as I went on. It felt dangerous, but anything had to do at the situation. "I thought your service was better than this."

The attendant turned back and for a moment she looked shocked, but she became calm shortly. "That is a very nice joke, Miss Athena. You have a nice sense of humour."

I felt the heat forming inside me. "No. I'm serious. Why is a measly attendant like you doing my treatment when there is a much better option?"

I smiled internally as I saw her slightly intimidated expression. "Darling, all of our treatment staff have full training and-"

"THAT'S RIDICULOUS!" I screamed on the top of my lungs. "I need top treatment. Something from at least-let's say-your boss! Anything for a customer, right? DO YOUR JOB!" I threw a full on tantrum in hopes of distracting Circe.

"Y-yes, ma'am." I saw the irritation in her eyes, but I seemed to have scared her enough. I glared at her as she turned away, then gave myself a satisfied pat on the arm.

Knowing I had no time to waste, I leapt off the bed and went after the attendant quietly, hoping that she would lead me to wherever that wicked sorcerer was - and hopefully where Poseidon was.

------------

I tried not to squirm behind my bush. It was nothing like the premium quality of the seats we sat on back in the plane - The leaves and random branches kept piercing my skin, making me wince and wriggle slightly in discomfort.

Although it would never achieve five stars if I rated its comfort, it concealed me perfectly and gave me a gap to look through at the same time. The attendant was right there, her hands fidgety and probably sweaty as she stepped closer to the small recreation-centre like construction that had walls decorated with cartoon stickers of sea turtles, seahorses, jellyfish and different breeds of fish I never took the time to study.

The attendant pushed open the glass door. I could barely see the interior. I wasn't shocked to see Tristan and Elijah nervously perched on a couch inside the room, sharing distressed glances at each other from time to time.

But that made me panic even harder. Where in Mount Olympus was Poseidon?!

Not to mention Wilbur was out of sight as well.

Since the space that the open doors offered me were too small and my bush was positioned at an angle, I could only see so much. As the attendant walked deeper in, she slowly disappeared behind the walls, which were heavily tinted glass that didn't help me find Poseidon or Wilbur. I decided that I had to change my spying location - but where should I go?

I was in a pile of bushes that stood on the left side of a concrete path. The two sides of the paths were full of palm trees, other trees, bushes and more trees. (I know I might've been a wisdom goddess once but I still never took the time to study plants after losing my memory, now stop telling me that I should know everything) Directly opposite my bush was a pretty tall tree - climbing up would probably give me a good view of what the other side looked like.

The downside? I had not been professionally trained to climb trees...or to have an agile body for climbing them fast enough.

Do it for your godly identity, Athena. Poseidon is counting on you.

The second part sounded a little off but as much as I hated to, I agreed with the voice in my head. Here goes absolutely nothing...

I sneaked across to the other side, just quietly enough so that no one would take notice of me but just fast enough to avoid any possible dangers.

I surprisingly made it to the other side.

Once I did, I hid behind the tree and peered from behind, desperately trying to see something. I could barely make out something that looked like fabric, maybe a curtain to cover a part of some sort.

I knew I had to hide as soon as possible. The stem of the tree I was standing behind wasn't exactly thin enough to cover my entire figure. I tried a bush from behind, but that cut out even more of my view.

I sighed and looked up to the higher branches.

I reached for the only branch that wasn't too high for me but looked solid enough to hold my weight as well. I carefully pulled myself up, feeling the energy in my arms drain slowly as I did. The next branch wasn't far. Maybe if I stretched a bit, I could hold on to that one and hoist my feet up to the lower branches...

Creaaaak. I shuddered as the terrifying sound of the risky branch I was holding reached my ears. C'mon Athena. Just a little farther...you can do it...

Creeeaaaaak. The sound became louder, as if even the tree itself was advising myself to let go and look for another option instead. But I had to get the job done quick and I didn't have much choices.

My fingertips touched the next branch. Yes! That's right, girl, now to grab ahold of it. Pull yourself up. You need to get a clear view and plot what comes next.

I gritted my teeth and tried to break the limit of length my arm could reach.

CREEEAAAAAAK!

Before I could tell what was happening, my branch snapped and I dropped onto a ground with a loud thud.

(A/N: Heh, that's right, Author Trash here is late again. I've set an actual schedule for myself on my phone that would allow me to hopefully not miss another weekend...let's hope that works. See you in the next chapter!)