I Wake Up Standing On A Tree

ATHENA'S POV  

Zeus zapped both of us with lightning. Why he decided to turn us into humans with his lightning bolt, I couldn't tell. The only thing I knew was that I knew nothing about myself once I got zapped. I think I fainted, but I couldn't be sure.

------------

  I woke up standing. On a tree. Of a park.

  "Who...am I?" I murmured once I opened my eyes. Then I almost yelled, "WHAT AM I DOING ON TOP OF A TREE?"

  I slid down, surprised by how nimble I was. Looking down, I judged that I was a teenager. Without a look at my face, though, I couldn't tell how old I was.

  Then I noticed that crumpled piece of paper firmly locked in my grasp.

  I opened it and it read:

Find a boy called Poseidon. He will explain everything you need to know.

  Frowning, I put the piece of paper into my pocket. Why does the name Poseidon seem so familiar to me?

  I tried to get everything organised in my mind, but everything was so messed up that my head felt like a chunk of marshmallow made with too much sugar. I guess the only thing I could to do was to find this Poseidon person.

  I had no clue where to start. For some reason, I know that Poseidon is the name of the Greek god of the sea - how did I even know?! I was supposed to be a clueless, stupid teenage girl who suffered from amnesia. But somehow I imagined how he looked like, every single special feature of this Poseidon dude that looked like in my head. That chunk or marshmallow managed to actually process a human face through it.

  I walked around the park. It surprisingly didn't take long to find him.

  I didn't know how I knew it was him. It wasn't only the fact that he looked suspiciously like the guy I envisioned him to be, but also the unique aura around him. It was impossible to describe, but once I saw this boy, I was ready to yell out his name.

  I found his eyes at the exact same time he found mine. Then we yelled each other's names at the same time, crashing into each other as we ran towards each other.

  Oh, so apparently my name was Athena.

  We both fell on our butts, looking away and looking back awkwardly. "Uh, uhm, hi," I managed, studying the boy in front of me.

  He looked about 14 - I bet I looked around the same age. His hair was brown and draped over his head like...seaweed? His eyes were the most interesting part of all, with shimmering sea-green eyes that featured, well, the sea. He was born to look just like his namesake - the Greek god Poseidon.

  "Hey...you're Athena, right?" he asked me with an awkward wave.

  "To be completely honest with you..." I bit my lip and tried not to frown because a little of my memory came back - only it was an absolutely useless memory that provided me with the information that I did not look pleasant with a frown on my face. "I...don't know."

  He stroked his chin as if he was deep in thought. "You forgot?"

  I felt regret at the second my eyebrows decided to shoot up. "Exactly! Yeah, exactly."

  He grinned. "Alright, you're probably Athena then. I'm Poseidon, and I think you should take a look at this." With uncertainty, he handed me a piece of paper identical to mine, but with a lot more words in it. I didn't even need to read it in detail to know that it wasn't good news.

"Poseidon..." I looked up and hardened whatever expression I had. "We need to go to Long Island South. Now."

------------