A Night To Never Forget!

Kat

They say prom is a right of passage for all teenagers before they graduate high school. Let's say I was looking forward to it.

I had already gotten my dress. Mom was working out where and when I was getting my hair and nails done. All that was left is to go to the dance and have one hell of a time.

That night after discussing the few remaining details about prom tomorrow I went back upstairs to my room to find that I had a text.

Xach: Hey gorgeous, cant wait to see u tomorrow.

Me: Hello handsome, well u have no choice to wait and see me tomorrow. Now stop texting me. I have a busy day tomorrow and I need to look my best and not have bags under my eyes.

Xach: You'd still look beautiful with or without bags under your eyes.

Me: Thank you and Goodnight

Xach: Goodnight

After cutting our conversation short and plugged my phone back into its charger. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth, brush my hair and changed into my pajamas.

When I was finally done. I placed my head on my pillow and said good night to the cruel world that I lived in.

                               ***

Let's just say the next morning was less than pleasant. My mom keep coming up to my room every two minutes to wake me up. Then Emma and Lily came over to go get ready for prom. And they were just as loud as my mom.

After finally getting woken for the seven millionth time I decided it was time to get up. I showered, brushed my teeth, and tried to tame my hair until we could get it looking presentable later.

I dress myself in a simple sky blue cami with black skinny Jean's, and my blue and black Jordons. I grab my phone and car keys and descend the stairs to find my mom and best friends chatting.

"Ok I'm up. But I'm only leaving if there is breakfast involved." I negotiate.

"Alright I'll buy breakfast before we go get your hair done." Mom says grabbing her purse.

"Ok then what are we waiting for? Let's go." We all walk out the door and pile into mom's mini van.

The first stop was a small café not to far from the salon so we can make it to our hair appointment.

"Hello! How can I help you today?" Said a waiter behind the booth in front of the door.

"Yes I need a table for four please." My mom replies with a smile.

"Right this way ladies." He grabbed four menus and four things of silverware and guided us to our table.

"Your waiter will be here in a moment." He smiles at us and walks away.

Mom and Emma slid into the both first, then Lily and I after them.

We picked up our menus and began to decide what we wanted. Then another guy walks up to our table.

"Hello, my name is Joshua, I'll be your waiter today. Can I get you something to drink?" He says politely not taking his eyes off me. Have I seen this guy before?

"Yes I'd like a coffee please." Mom says. He looks away from me and addressing her.

"Decafe?" He ask.