I'm In Love With You

Three Days Later

That day had scared the hell out of me. I haven't been able to look at Xach since. Every time I look at him I see him dying in that fire. I don't know what to do anymore. Whenever he try to talk to me I make up an excuse to get away from him. Now this is me being a shady girlfriend. Whenever he touches me I feel that my very presence will shatter him into a million pieces.

"I don't know what to do Lily! I'm don't know whats going on with me." I say. I had decided that it was time to talk to someone about this, and who better than my best friend.

"Well its simple Kat, your in love with him silly!" I shot up from my seat.

"How would you or I know that though." I ask. how would anyone know if there in love with someone.

"Well tell me how you feel when your around him." She says.

"When I'm around him its like where in a totally different world, just the two of us. And when I look into his eyes I feel like I'm looking at his soul, and its glowing like a thousands fireflies because he is with me. And when he touches me it feels like his is energy is merging with mine." I finished and look at Lily. She looked like she was on cloud nine, just staring at me.

"Wow! Yes Kat, you are definitely in love. What you just said was beautiful." She said and gets up and pushes me out of her tent.

The night that the fire happened, we stayed the night at an Inn then the next day we drove all night and half of the next day, and ended up in Austin, Texas. We found the closes forest we could find and set up, the nearest Walmart is about 15 miles away. When we got here I set up the tents with help from everyone. We have been here ever since. Waiting for her next move, and planning our next move.

I sit on one of the logs that sits around the fire and stare at the flames, remembering that horrible night once again.

"Hey Kat?" I look up. Its Xach. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He asks. I think for a moment to decide. Then I remember what Lily told me. That I needed to tell him.

"Yeah, lets go to the tent." I know your wondering how we have been staying in the same tent for the past two days. Don't want to talk about it. I get up from my seat and start walking toward the tent with Xach on my heels. We enter and I stare at the wall afraid to even look at him. 

"So what did you want to talk about." I continue staring at the wall. He grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Why are you avoiding me? You wont touch me, you wont look at me? I feel like I did something wrong." He says. I look down and couldn't look at him, not yet.

"Kat, talk to me, please. I can't fix it if I don't know whats wrong." He says and takes both of my hands.

"I have something to tell you." I say and look up at him tears in my eyes. he looks at me in confusion. I know that it wasn't the right time to cry but I can't help it.

"What did I do so wrong to make you cry like this? I feel terrible." He looks at me with a worried look on his face.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong, its me." I say and turn around walking back to the wall.

"I'm in love with you!" I say and look at him once again with tears in my eyes.

"I can see you aren't happy about that. Why?" What a depressing look he had. I had no idea how it felt to be shot down.

"I couldn't be happier to be in love with you." I say.

"Then why are you crying?" He asked.

"Because being in love with you, puts you in even more danger. I can't bare it if anything were to happen to you because of me. That's how much I love you. I wont put you in danger. I refuse."

"She already knows how important we are to each other. I'm already in danger and so are the rest of us. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you are the woman I love." He wipes away my tears with his thumbs with his hands caressing my cheeks. "I love you.....so much."He says.

At that point I couldn't help myself. I kissed him........and I kissed him....and I kissed him. I felt like my everything was disappearing, and it was just the two of us.

I slid my hands under his shirt and felt his chest, his rock hard abs. I pulled his shirt over his head and comb my hands through his hair. I kissed him again but this time I had to pulled away.

"Whats the matter?"He asked.

"I-I've never done..." I look down.

"Hey we don't have to if you don't want to, alright. I would totally understand." He removes one of his hands from my waist and put it once again on my cheek. 

"I want to, your not pushing me to do anything. I want this. When we we're both ready. Remember? That's what you said."I say and look at his hands. "I.......I want you." I look at him.

"That's all I needed to hear." He kisses me and pulled my shirt over my head.

He made me feel like the most important person in his world.

That night he became more that my boyfriend. He became my future that I wouldn't let slip through my fingers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~