chapter 10: catching feelings

Dora's POV:

I trembled down the hallway, still aching from the previous days events. My heart hurt. Either that was caused by rejecting the love of my life, him rejecting me, then me rejecting him again, or I have diabetes from all of the tortillas I eat on a daily basis. That much cholesterol can really effect your health, my doctor told me. My mom just yelled at him in spanish. She said unspeakable things.  Anyway, I dragged my feet down the hallway with my head held low, my arms softly brushing agains my peers as I made my way to first period. "Dora, wait up!" I quickly turned my head, hoping that was Diego who called me. But, it wasn't. It was Swiper. I sighed a heavy breath, waiting for him to catch up with me. "Why the long face, boo?" He asked. I always hated him calling me 'boo', but could never work up the courage to tell him to stop. That is, until today. "I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop calling me that. It's annoying, and not attractive in the slightest." "dArN, sis snapped!" I heard someone in the hallway say. There was clapping and cheering, and I bowed, leaving Swiper dazed and confused." "Dora, I'm so sorry. I would have never called you that if I knew it bothered you." "I know, Swipe. Life has just been so stressful lately, and I took it out on you." He exhaled, allowing a faint smile to appear on his lips. He placed his hand on my shoulder and looked directly into my eyes.  I saw a sudden twinkle that I've never seen before. Could I be falling for him?  He removed his hand, and I noticed a slight pinkish color appear on his cheeks. He felt the same way.

//im back and i'll be writing more chapters soon, turn notifications on :)