chapter 18: fin

Dora's POV:

       "I know what you two are up to" my mother angrily whispers to me as I get into the car. My heart dropped, as I began to shake, feeling an anxiety attack approaching. "You two are sick. How could you do this? You seriously thought you could hide something like this from your tía and I? No way in hell."

         I gasped at her use of profanity, and slumped down into the backseat, as I am not allowed in the front seat. Not until i'm 12. "Your tía is taking Diego out of public school and he's going back to catholic school. I'm considering sending you to catholic school as well. But NOT with Diego." I felt the tears streaming down my face. I wanted to speak, but the word's couldn't find their way out of my mouth. Instead, I stayed silent for the rest of the ride back. 

Diego's POV:

          I make my way down the stairs, and head to the kitchen. As I  made my way over to the fridge, my mother placed her extended arm before me, and I saw a look of anger and disgust in her eyes. "You are to tell me whats going on between you and Dora this instant. You don't leave out any details. None. Entender? "Si, mama" I replied, as I followed her to the couch to begin the long, extremely uncomfortable conversation as to what had happened between dora and I.

  *1 hour later*

       Many arguments took place, many tears were shed, many hugs were given, and voices were raised. My mother had been extremely forgiving and understanding. She knew true love when she heard it, and could confirm that Diego and Dora, were in fact, in love. The circumstances just weren't right for the two to pursue a proper relationship. They were, after all, fourth cousins. Though they weren't as 'direct' family members, as you would consider most cousins to be, they still came to the conclusion that being together just wasn't a good idea.

AN//

So, that concludes our story for the 2 young cousins in love. Though this story didn't have a 'happy' ending, there will be more to come, as this story has much more to tell. I will be continuing this story throughout other works, as I believe that it is time that I say farewell to this one. I began this story as a joke for just my friends to read, and the fact that it surpassed 1,000 reads shocked me. The fact that it reached over 1,600 reads (as of right now) is just insane to me. I can't believe this story got so many reads. The comments are always sweet and encouraging and never fail to make me laugh, and the ongoing support that i've received throughout this story has just made me the happiest. Don't worry, they'll be more to come.

Sincerely, Carmen.