chapter 15: happy

Diego's POV:

I now had the girl of my dreams.  I never wanted to let her go. I broke our hug, and began to speak. "Maybe we should go on a proper date sometime." "Are you asking me out, Diego?" Dora blushed. I love when she blushes, she looks so cute. "Would you say yes if I was...?" I asked. "maybe. depends whether or not you're asking." she replied with a smirk. I chuckled, and said "I guess I am, then." "Then yes, I'll go on a date with you." We both smiled, as I helped her down the treehouse ladder, as I followed closely behind.

Dora's POV:

Diego had just asked me out, and I felt happy for the first time in a very, very long time. I had my best friend, no, the love of my life back. He was all I needed, and my heart felt as if it was soaring. We began making plans for the date. Once we set a time and day for our date, I had asked where we would be meeting. He replied, "It's a surprise. You're really going to like it." He replied. "Did you already plan this out prior to today?" He shyly nodded, and I giggled. "I'm really happy Diego." "So am I. I've been waiting for this since I was 5 years old." I smiled, and took his hand in mine. I looked into his eyes, and we both blushed and looked down at our feet. He lead me towards the ladder, exiting the treehouse. We climbed down, and he pulled me into his embrace yet again. "So, I'll see you tomorrow at school. Don't forget, meet me here after school on friday!" "How could I forget? You're the only person I care about anymore. Besides my parents and my abuela. And boots." He chuckled, and hugged me one last time, planting a kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you at school tomorrow,  mi amor." I nodded my head, and watched Diego exit my backyard, beginning his trip back home.