16

Shane's POV
"Y/N is doing okay." I state to my ill mother. She coughs as I pull the set up table toward her. "The doctors say it looks like cancer." Mom says looking at me. "Shush. You don't have cancer. Those doctors are stupid, they're paid to say that." I say sitting the steaming soup in front of her. "If you say so." She shrugs. I wrap a wool blanket around her, soon hearing Y/N walk in. I walk in the kitchen, Y/N is putting away groceries.

Your POV
You sit the milk in the refrigerator as you hear Shane approach you. "How was the store?" He whispers. "Packed, probably where the holiday is coming up." You reply, yawning. "She keeps saying she has cancer." Shane says, leaning slightly on the counter, his head in his hands. "We would have seen signs." You say, doing your best to comfort him. " I don't know, I just.. the thought of losing her kills me." He says pulling you a little closer. "Hey, don't get upset. We don't have a guaranteed answer yet." You say, hugging him gently.
( A couple hours later )
You and shane are back home. You cooked his mom a couple meals for the week and made sure she was set. You're currently doing a little bit of cooking and trying to finish up a book. Shane has finished filming and is napping peacefully on the couch. After the tacos are finished you shake him gently, waking him up. You both enjoy your meal and finish up ( your favorite show). You walk up the bedroom and grab your stuff, preparing for a shower. You slide off your clothes and turn on the shower, letting it steam up. After removing your makeup and doing your bodily business, you jump in the warm shower. The steam surrounding you as the water stings your skin. You set there for a moment, letting the water wash away the tough day you've had. You feel a slight movement behind you and find that shane is standing there. He looks at you like you're the most beautiful person he's ever seen. He kisses you gently, and uses the lofa to wash your back. "I love you Y/N." He says, lightly rubbing your shoulder. " I love you too." You reply turning to face him. You both shower together. Rinsing away the painful days. After your shower you and shane cuddle up, and sleep soundly. Not loving the rest of the night.
You awake to the smell of Chipotle. Stumbling out of bed you are greeted by Shane who hands you your favorite dish. He smiles at you lightly. Squeezing your arm.

——