4: Why am I doing this?

//♣

"Alright everyone, here's the room! Neat, right right?", said Nayeon.

Everyone ran in except for me and Jihyo. "You okay (y/n)?", Jihyo looked concerned.

"Mmm... yup yup..." I was not okay... but that's okay...

Jihyo pushed me into the doorway and whispered into my ear "You'll be fine",  and blew into my ear making my ears red. Weird....

Everyone sang, but the duo called... No-Zam? Or No-Jam...or whatever... Stood out the most to me when they starting singing 'So hot by Wonder Girls'. If I can be honest... they looked anything but hot... more like a mess. But I laughed my ass off. They were cute.

I suppose it was my turn as everyone turned to me. My face started burning up, my heart started beating. No way in hell was I going to sing.. and especially in front of people I just met!?

"(y/n).... (y/n)...", I heard a random chant starting to spread.

"Guys..guys... if (y/n) doesn't want to go, don't force her", Jihyo said while smirking. I'd agree with her.. but for some reason I wanted to wipe that smirk off her face...tragic.

"Naw it's fine. I'm up to it", first of all where did this confidence come from... hello.. is this Kang (y/n)?

I grabbed the mic, not fully understanding what I got myself into. I could feel the stares on my back. Scanning through the songs, I found one. Dean- Come Over (ft. Yerin Beak)... I suppose I'm a Dean fan. But... I highly doubt Dean is a fan of my singing.

Did I also tell you... this song was a duo? Right.. I didn't... till now.

Everyone ooo'ed at the same time. I turned around hoping Sana would sing with me. She's actually the cutest one in the group, pretty funny, and the easiest to talk to. Sadly she was looking elsewhere, like everyone else.....

At Jihyo.

Jihyo was shocked herself that her members were looking at her. "What?", she asked in annoyed tone. Momo was doing hand signs, signaling for Jihyo to go up and sing with me. Jihyo just glared at her. I think she mouthed something like "go fuck yourself" in korean. Not too fluent in korean cuss words, but her expression gave it away. Momo teased Jihyo and stuck her tongue out before going to the phone to order more wings. She's one hungry girl....

Jihyo finally gave in and sighed deeply. "You bishes really make my blood boil", she said while smiling. Though I doubt it was a friendly smile...

She grabbed a mic and stood next to me. "You ready cutie?", she said while brushing her hair back. I nodded.

The song started and I started the first verse,....

"ireon yashimhan bam

geureon geokjeongeul wae hae
mureobol ppuniya ohaeneun wae hae
TV drama-ro kkeunnaegien
jeo dari neomu balgaseo
So I just wanna talk about you
And me yeah

bamhaneul wi jamgin moksoriro
chagaweo jin Phone-eul bamsae dalgweo Oh no

byeol mareul an haedo huljjeok jinainneun
shigan soge ollataisseo
Am I crazy?
Yeah maybe..."

Jihyo had less parts... but she nailed every note.

"Oh baby

dalcheoreom maeumdo giune
hal mareun tteoreojigo
geu saireul bijipgo
jeongjeogi teumeul chaeune
bam sae oneureul gidaryeonneunde
ni apeman seomyeon
nan wae iri jagajineunji
Oh wae"

And finally... the duet part...

"neowa na sai

gyeolloneun eomneunde
neol bomyeon ireoke
jeonbu al geot gateun ge
nado himdeureo nal dowajweo
Oh let me into your heart
shigye cho soriman deo keojeo

baro geu sungan neomeowa
nega nae jjogeuro neomeowa
What should I do baby

neomeowa"

Jihyo was looking at me. The room was silent after the song. I was huffing and puffing... this was the most I've ever sang... and I doubt my voice was stable. 

Someone started clapping, then everyone clapped. Jeongyeon was banging her head like she was listening to rock music... no wonder she's called no-jam....

"(y/n)! UWAHHHHH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD SING! AND DAMN YOU AND JIHYO MATCHED PERFECTLY!", Dahyun said with her eyes wide open. I looked at Jihyo and noticed she was looking, but quickly looked away. Aish... maybe I didn't sing well... 

"You always seem to surprise me (y/n)... you're becoming more and more my type", said Nayeon while winking.

"Unnie... stand down... she's mine", said Momo

"Momorin, stop being disloyal. And wipe that sauce off your mouth... what a mess...", Sana said while sighing.

"Disloyal? To who?", asked Mina. Sana looked at her without answering. Sana squinted her eyes as if saying 'Try me bitch'. Maybe...?

Dahyun overheard and was looking at Momo. Maybe... Dahyun and Momo... are a thing?

Jihyo wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "You did well, like I mentioned, right?", she stared into my eyes hoping to see a reaction. But I just smiled and nodded.

                                                                                     •••

"Unnie....", Tzuyu whined. The first I've heard her talk actually. "I'm shleepy...", she whined again while tugging on Sana's arm. Sana patted Tzuyu. They were now locking arms while sitting. "I guess it's time for us to go back home y'all", said Nayeon.

I checked my phone. Time read 2:56am. Dafuck...

"Yep yep, it's the weekend, but we still have practice in 5 hours guys", Jihyo mentioned to everyone. Everyone groaned. 

Everyone left the building and was by the entrance outside. I said my goodbyes to everyone and was headed home.

Jihyo grabbed my arm. "Wait...."

"Hm?" I said

"We...", she coughed. "We.. should exchange numbers..", she said while looking right at me.

Hmm... "Sure", I said smiling with my eyes. I guess that surprised her cause she let go of my hand and started looking around like she was embarrassed.

We exchanged contacts. And I finally said my goodbye to her. 

The night breeze felt good... But something felt strange... I feel like I'm forgetting something, again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Much longer again. Idk sometimes I get so caught up im like,

dont forget the CLIFFHANGER SON!