45: Promise

// ♣

!! Sidenote !!

This whole chapter is a FLASHBACK from Ch.38-39

• Part 1 of 2 •

(It starts off from where she met the strange guy in the elevator)

______________________________________

3 Years Ago

"Well...", the unknown guy nervously scratched his head.

Y/N squinted her eyes, not liking how shady this guy was acting right now.

The guy took a deep breath as he put his hands into his pockets. "It's about your mother", he said while leaning back onto the wall. 

Hearing those words coming out of his mouth quickly made Y/N to cry. She hasn't seen her mother since she was just 5year old. The girl has been looking for her mother ever since, but sadly had no luck. However, as for her father, the man wasn't in her life either. Therefore making her to go and live with her aunt in Seoul.

"M-my m-mother...?", Y/N bit her lip as she allowed the tears to stream down her face. Feelings of sadness and happiness developed in her heart. Why now? Tell me...Why now!, she quietly screamed into her hands.

The man just continued to watch her with a sympathetic look on his face. He sighed, understanding this sudden news was alot to take in for Y/N.

"I-I know it's sudden...but...", he averted his eyes away from her, "She wants to see you now".

Who was this guy to be telling Y/N about her mother, and how she suddenly wants to see her daughter? Questions ran through Y/N's mind as she slowly looked up at him.

"H-how do you know about my mother?", Y/N wiped a small tear on her face as she spoke. Understanding that she has the right to know, the guy glanced back in her direction.

"I guess you can say...I work for Ms. Kang, your mother". His voice was low but audible enough to hear. Y/N slumped her shoulders, still not fully processing what was happening. She shook her head to calm herself.

"So what does she want from me?". Y/N's expression was now serious. No more tears, no more sadness. Just a heart filled with questions needing answers. She was ready to face the person she's been looking for all these years. It was time...she's been waiting 15yrs for this moment.

Before answering her question, the guy pressed the elevator button to head back down to the Lobby floor instead of the 30th floor. "She wants you to come to Japan", he said as he fixed the loose tie on his suit. 

Japan!?, Y/N's eyes grew wide. "W-why Japan?", she looked at him with even more curiosity. He chuckled.

"There's someone that she wants you to meet". His finger tapped the walls as he watched the elevator light showing how many floors were left till they hit the Lobby. 

"To meet someone?!", Y/N's voice raised slightly. He slowly nodded at her surprised voice. "I don't get it...", she sighed while rubbing her head. Confusion and frustration overflowing her mind.

*Ding* The elevator finally reached Lobby floor. 

The guy fixed his suit and brushed his hair back. "Well", he smirked, "You can call me Yuta. And from now on, I'll be your bodyguard". Y/N's jaw dropped.

"You? My bodyguard?", she laughed while pointing at him. Her sudden laugh made him sulk.

"What's so bad about me?", his eyebrow raised to her.

"Everything!". She was laughing so hard that he just left her in the elevator. Huffing as he walked out.   

· · ·

Yuta looked back at Y/N, seeing that she was texting on her phone. "Are you telling your friends that you're leaving?".

Y/N nodded as she kept her eyes on the phone. The tears were rolling down her face again as she was texting Sana.

(Hopefully you remember the text message from Ch.39, because I don't LOL)

Yuta felt bad for the girl, but it was his job to bring her back to his Boss, aka Y/N's mother.

Jihyo..., Y/N kept replaying Jihyo's name in her mind. She didn't want to leave her, or the girls of TWICE. Her heart ached, her mind wandered, and her tears flowed. Though she was full of pain... More than anything, she always wanted to meet her mother.

As they walked out the hotel, Yuta pointed to a car. "In you go", he said while opening the car door. Y/N quickly blinked her eyes, surprised at the thing in front.

"Me? In that!?", she said with a huge smile on her face. Yuta nodded as he held the door open. Y/N quickly jumped into the Bentley. Her eyes scanned the inside of the car in awe, "Wow... expensive". 

Yuta chuckled as he closed the door.

_______________________

Honestly it seems like I'll just add the songs I've been listening to for the rest of this story. Sometimes I try to add songs that have the same feeling of what's written in the chapter. Though I doubt it correlates most of the time lol💀

(This is Part 1 out of 2 for the flashback)